FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   recieved fancy invitation today for a $375 a year-"Pres Co/Chase (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/629169-recieved-fancy-invitation-today-375-year-pres-co-chase.html)

OPFlyer Jul 7, 2007 1:58 pm

If you use the card to purchase the ticket and you are flying, it registers and EliteAccess should appear on you boarding pass.

mbreuer Sep 6, 2007 5:55 pm

Got a new email offer for the card today, this one with an immediate 3000 flex elite miles (and two luggage tags).

I do have a question (Scott) which I can't find the answer to. The online application allows selection of additional cardholders. Do they receive any benefits?

I haven't reread this (and the other related threads) but I recall a question as to what might get people to bite. In response to that, I'd probably get the card if I had the ability to use the Elite miles for a supplemental cardholder. 3K isn't going to do much for me this year, but my spouse is within 3k of Silver and has no current travel plans through the end of the year [no, she doesn't get the flying just for points thing].

I suspect that a fair number of elite customers might pony up if they could redirect the elite miles to someone else in their immediate household.

UA Insider Sep 12, 2007 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by mbreuer (Post 8361808)
Got a new email offer for the card today, this one with an immediate 3000 flex elite miles (and two luggage tags).

I do have a question (Scott) which I can't find the answer to. The online application allows selection of additional cardholders. Do they receive any benefits?

I haven't reread this (and the other related threads) but I recall a question as to what might get people to bite. In response to that, I'd probably get the card if I had the ability to use the Elite miles for a supplemental cardholder. 3K isn't going to do much for me this year, but my spouse is within 3k of Silver and has no current travel plans through the end of the year [no, she doesn't get the flying just for points thing].

I suspect that a fair number of elite customers might pony up if they could redirect the elite miles to someone else in their immediate household.

Hi mbreuer, only the primary cardholder will receive the Presidential Plus card benefits. As for the miles and Flex EQMs earned by the primary and additional cardholders, these may only be credited to the primary cardholder's OnePass account.

mbreuer Sep 12, 2007 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by CO Insider (Post 8393404)
Hi mbreuer, only the primary cardholder will receive the Presidential Plus card benefits. As for the miles and Flex EQMs earned by the primary and additional cardholders, these may only be credited to the primary cardholder's OnePass account.

I know - it was a suggestion.

Nis4Float Sep 18, 2007 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by ppisklak (Post 8018617)
So I actually got this card. Does anyone know how we would use it to get EliteAccess priveliges (e.g. priority boarding). It doesn't look like anything is noted on our ticket. Do you think the CO employees will actually know about this credit card so that I can just wave the card itself and will get the EliteAccess priveliges? What do you guys think?

Having the card creates an update in your OnePass profile that triggers your Presidents Club membership and your Elite Access privileges. Your Elite Access will be reflected on your boarding pass. It will not show up on your ticket.

And it's WAY better than the AmEx platinum, because you have a true Presidents' Club membership...meaning, you can use any of the Continental Clubs or affililated lounges (Delta or Northwest) whether you are flying on them or not that day. With the AmEx platinum card you can only get access to an airline's club with the card and an itinerary on that specified airline that day. So if you're in Atlanta, and not flying on Delta, the AmEx plat will not allow you entry to the Delta club.

In addition, the Chase Presidential Plus card gives you Presidential membership at Avis, which gives you 2-class upgrades with every rental. Personally, I LOVE this new Continental card. And MasterCard & Visa are equally accepted world-wide. Anyone thinking Visa is accepted at more places than MasterCard has been successfully brainwashed by Visa's advertising. In addition, if you've ever had a dispute...Visa normally sides with the merchant, and MasterCard normally sides with the cardmember...which is why merchants push Visa...it's in THEIR best interest...it's tougher for a Visa cardmember to win a dispute than with Mastercard.

J.Edward Sep 18, 2007 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by Nis4Float (Post 8425960)
...Personally, I LOVE this new Continental card.

nis4Float - I'd guess you could say I'm somewhat turned off by Chase due to the customer service but it's been stated the support department for the card is based out of Chase's Private Banking division.

If you don't mind, can you comment on how the service has been when you'd had to call in and how quickly Chase was able to rectify problems, if any?

I've heard good things about them and am wondering how 1st hand customer would rate them.

AustinBear Sep 22, 2007 7:58 am

Why So Negative Everyone (okay, most ones...)?

I got the card. I am a CO Plat and have *many* Chase accounts. All things considered, they both give me very good service.

I was able to call Chase and upgrade my regular CO Chase card in just a couple of minutes and then recieved the card quickly.

Why did I get the card? For $100 more (make that $75 more after 10/1) than the PC membership I get:

- A few EQM's (may need them this year)
- Avis Pres Club Membership (much better than the Pref. you get with the Amex Plat)
- $3 off the already very well priced premium wines, which I love. I'm out of Austin, so I go through Houston almost every trip. Three glasses a month and I just saved back the $100
- No PC club initiation fee

It's not the deal of a lifetime, but it's not bad. I don't need the Amex Plat (which is now $75/yr more and does not give true PC membership); I have and prefer the Amex hotel (SPG/HH) cards as I feel the hotel points are more valuable for what I get vs. what I spend.

Like I said, it's not the deal of a lifetime, but not at all bad either. Don't quite get why so many have gotten so worked-up about it.

bocastephen Sep 22, 2007 10:55 am

Originally Posted by AustinBear (Post 8444882)
...Like I said, it's not the deal of a lifetime, but not at all bad either. Don't quite get why so many have gotten so worked-up about it.

I don't think we're getting all worked up over it...I think some of us feel the card falls short of the benefits it could offer for the price which would make it more appealing.

With plenty of opportunity to survey the competitive field (Amex Plat, DC, Visa Signature, etc.), I would have liked to see CO and Chase come up with a product that exceeded the offerings of the Amex Plat - it would have been a no-brainer to sign up for it even at a slightly higher price, and the card might have been an effective marketing tool to pull Amex Plat customers to the CO product.

rjque Sep 22, 2007 11:52 am

Is this card by invite only?

senatorgirth Sep 22, 2007 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen (Post 8445484)
I would have liked to see CO and Chase come up with a product that exceeded the offerings of the Amex Plat - it would have been a no-brainer to sign up for it even at a slightly higher price, and the card might have been an effective marketing tool to pull Amex Plat customers to the CO product.

Exactly. I don't understand why Chase can't partner with CO to offer a product that's more attractive than AMEX Plat. Given the right deal, I'd ditch my AMEX Plat. For some reason, few--if any--other cards come close to The Platinum Card.

AustinBear Sep 22, 2007 4:16 pm

I guess the beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I've never been compelled to get an Amex Plat, but was with this card (for roughly the same price). I don't see what the Amex Plat gives me that I don't already have. It may be that I'm already SPG Plat and HH Gold and would rather have the hotel points the other Amex card gets me.

Nahhhh, let's be honest. It's the $3 off on the good wine.

bocastephen Sep 22, 2007 4:25 pm

Maybe Scott could answer this...

Is there any way to upgrade the PClub membership included with the card to a member+spouse by paying the difference in the annual rate?

I'm looking at enrolling in the club without the card, and it would cost 230 each including the initiation and 225 each to renew next year.

If I got the card for 375 and pay the 175 difference to add a spouse (450-275), I'd be in for 275 each...but I would need to figure out if the extra 100 is worth the EQMs and Avis membership.

If the upgrade to spouse cant be done, I would likely skip the card and join through normal channels.

AustinBear Sep 23, 2007 11:18 am

Originally Posted by bocastephen (Post 8446591)
Maybe Scott could answer this...

Is there any way to upgrade the PClub membership included with the card to a member+spouse by paying the difference in the annual rate?

I'm looking at enrolling in the club without the card, and it would cost 230 each including the initiation and 225 each to renew next year.

If I got the card for 375 and pay the 175 difference to add a spouse (450-275), I'd be in for 275 each...but I would need to figure out if the extra 100 is worth the EQMs and Avis membership.

If the upgrade to spouse cant be done, I would likely skip the card and join through normal channels.

You can add a spouse for just $150 with this card.

bocastephen Sep 23, 2007 11:26 am

Originally Posted by AustinBear (Post 8449310)
You can add a spouse for just $150 with this card.

Excellent, thank you :) So I just ask the Chase CS to process that addition during my enrollment?

vdostoi1 Sep 26, 2007 8:57 am

Originally Posted by CO Insider (Post 6757348)
Hi Everyone, here are some quick facts about the new Chase Presidential Plus World MasterCard, including some clarifications on the new Flexible Elite Qualification Miles (Flex EQMs). Hope this helps.
  1. What's the annual fee? The annual fee is $375 for existing Chase OnePass World MasterCard holders. New cardholders will be offered a one-time discount of $75 off the annual membership fee for the first year. To get this offer, call 1-877-847-8299 or apply online at www.copresplus.com/AF.

2. How does the Presidents Club membership work? Presidential Plus card members will receive a new Presidents Club card 2-3 weeks after they receive the credit card. If you wish to enter a lounge prior to receiving your Presidents Club membership card, simply provide your OnePass account number and photo ID.

3. What if I already have a Presidents Club membership? Once you're approved for the Presidential Plus credit card, your current Presidents Club membership will be cancelled and a refund for the unused portion of the membership will be mailed to the OnePass account address on file within 4-6 weeks. A new membership will be established and a new card will be mailed.

4. Will my spouse get a membership as well? No, only the primary cardholder will receive a Presidents Club membership. A spouse membership may be added for $150 per year by contacting the OnePass Service Center.

5. What if my current membership includes my spouse? Spouse memberships will be cancelled and refunded along with the primary membership. A spouse membership can be added to a Presidential Plus Presidents Club membership for $150 by calling the OnePass Service Center.

6. What if I'm a lifetime member of the Presidents Club? Lifetime Presidents Club members are not yet included in this offer, but we're working on it. In 2007, we'll introduce a special low rate for lifetime Presidents Club members.

7. How do I earn the Flexible Elite Qualification Miles (Flex EQMs) work? You'll earn 2,000 Flex EQMs for every $25,000 in annual charge volume - including charges made by any additional cardholders on your account. Annual charge volume is based on the enrollment date of the Presidential Plus card, not the calendar year. And yes, Flex EQMs can be stored for however long you want to hold on to them.

8. How do I redeem my Flex EQMs? Your Flex EQMs will be reflected on your OnePass statement and on continental.com. To redeem your Flex EQMs, just call the OnePass Service Center at 713-952-1630. Redemption capability will be added to continental.com later in 2007. You can add Flex EQMs to your elite qualification year up to March 31st of the following year. So for example, if you're short EQMs for the 2006 Elite qualitifcation period (Jan-Dec 2006), you'll have up to March 31st 2007 to add however many Flex EQMs to your 2006 EQM total.

9. What benefits will additional cardholders on my account get? Additional cardholders will not be eligible for the EliteAccess priority services or Presidents Club membership. Their spending, however, will earn OnePass miles and will also count toward your Flex EQM bank.

10. How do the EliteAccess benefits work? Cardholders that aren’t already an Elite member will receive EliteAccess benefits at the airport - which include access to the EliteAccess lanes at check-in, security and boarding. These benefits will apply to the cardholder and anyone else traveling in the same confirmation.

11. Will I get 5% off Continental airfares purchased at continental.com? The 5% discount is for the first 12 months a cardholder carries any Continental Airlines MasterCard credit card. So, if this is your first Continental Airlines MasterCard credit card, you'll get 5% off your Continental airfares purchased at continental.com. If you upgraded to the Presidential Plus credit card from another Continental Airlines MasterCard credit card or have an additional Continental Airlines MasterCard credit card, your 12 months of the 5% discount will be based on the date of enrollment from your previous Continental Airlines MasterCard credit card.

12. What are some of the other benefits of having the Presidential Plus card? In addition to double miles for your Continental ticket purchases, you'll also get double miles for all car and hotel purchases as well. All other purchases, of course, will still earn one mile per dollar spent. This card also comes with a concierge service, and an exclusive customer service line (the same high-end service used for JP Morgan Chase Private Banking).

Anyone (or Scott),

I was a past World MasterCard holder but I have closed the account 4 months ago. Will I get the $75 discount off the annual fee if I apply for this card?

AustinBear Sep 26, 2007 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by bocastephen (Post 8449350)
Excellent, thank you :) So I just ask the Chase CS to process that addition during my enrollment?

No, I think it's done after through CO CS.

Also, in regards to some of the other Amex bennies that were mentioned such as purchase protection, extended warranty, lost luggage reimbursment, and all that 'other junk' are included, just not well documented until you get your card and Guide to Benefits.

jimbob Nov 19, 2007 12:45 pm

Can anyone share their experience with the turnaround time from application to card in hand? The 50-point credit for Mileathon requires a purchase before November 30. I'm guessing that applying for the card now would be too late... (though maybe a balance transfer would qualify and post in time?) Speaking of Mileathon, why did they put the November 30 restriction when the promotion runs until December 31? Was it to prevent people (like me) from waiting until near the end to see if the 50 points would push them past a significant threshold? :-) The whole waiting strategy is useless anyway because of the slow posting times. It's November 19th and only my activity through September is posted.

AustinBear Nov 19, 2007 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by jimbob (Post 8756311)
Can anyone share their experience with the turnaround time from application to card in hand? The 50-point credit for Mileathon requires a purchase before November 30. I'm guessing that applying for the card now would be too late... (though maybe a balance transfer would qualify and post in time?) Speaking of Mileathon, why did they put the November 30 restriction when the promotion runs until December 31? Was it to prevent people (like me) from waiting until near the end to see if the 50 points would push them past a significant threshold? :-) The whole waiting strategy is useless anyway because of the slow posting times. It's November 19th and only my activity through September is posted.

I got mine in less than a week. Actual results may vary.

By the way, I've saved at least $60 in wine so far...

AustinBear Nov 19, 2007 6:12 pm

Added Benefit for Presidential Plus Card

Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum level membership inlcuded.

eagle92 Nov 19, 2007 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by AustinBear (Post 8758199)

Where did you see that?

TAHKUCT Nov 20, 2007 6:30 am

It would be nice, but I also do not see it anywhere that it is included benefit.

AustinBear Nov 20, 2007 7:20 am

Originally Posted by eagle92 (Post 8758578)
Where did you see that?

It came in the mail yesterday in a dark blue fold over card entitled, "Welcome to a More Luxurious Destination."

It is mailed by CO, not Hyatt or MC.

On the inside it has the details. Look for it at a mailbox near you...

Hartmann Nov 20, 2007 7:29 am

I would like to note that I have had problems with Avis recognizing my enrollment with the card because of my age (under 25). Other than that, it's been worth the $375 so far and to be honest, if I restrict my use of it, the cost is minimal.

manorton Nov 21, 2007 8:23 pm

Hyatt

The CO staff were talking about the card's Hyatt level at one of the IAH C concourse President's clubs yesterday. The card applications were everywhere.

I don't know if I see the point in the card for me. I am platinum with a life CO president's club membership.

I might note that if I was Silver I'd have to consider what the point would be in flying CO with non-FFs getting Elite access. Getting upgraded doesn't happen that much anymore at Platinum so EA is about all Silvers can hope for.

Originally Posted by AustinBear (Post 8760794)

Originally Posted by eagle92
Where did you see that?

It came in the mail yesterday in a dark blue fold over card entitled, "Welcome to a More Luxurious Destination."

laurenmani Nov 22, 2007 7:52 pm

For next year (2008), will the full membership to the PC continue for existing members? Looking at Continental's website, it looks like you get only 2 passes per year going forward. Did they send something in the mail about this change and I missed it?

Weatherboy Nov 24, 2007 7:56 am

Fast Track to Diamond

And in addition to Platinum status, you now get fast-tracked to Diamond.

Hartmann Nov 24, 2007 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by laurenmani (Post 8775882)
For next year (2008), will the full membership to the PC continue for existing members? Looking at Continental's website, it looks like you get only 2 passes per year going forward. Did they send something in the mail about this change and I missed it?

Where did you see this? According to this: http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...eppwmcFAQ.aspx

The PC membership continues for as long as you hold the card.

From NYC Nov 25, 2007 12:18 am

Originally Posted by AustinBear (Post 8760794)

Would've been nice to know that before my stay 2 days ago at the Grand Hyatt Hong Kong. Oh well.

BTW, club level at the Hyatt is much nicer in terms of food and drink offerings than Club level at the Conrad in HKG.

jimbob Nov 26, 2007 8:05 pm

Applied on Nov. 19 and received card today (Nov. 26). No mention of Avis President's Club or Hyatt Platinum / fast track to Diamond and no luggage tags. I'm expecting a 2nd package from CO instead of Chase which should contain some or all of those along with the actual PC card.

I currently have the other Chase CO card which has easily been worth it for the 5% discount. I upgraded to this card because I was considering a President's Club membership anyway and because I think the 50 Mileathon points will push me over a threshold that will result in a nice number of bonus miles. The EQM benefit isn't valuable to me. I can't imagine it would be that useful unless you're wealthy or you're putting all of your business purchases on it. This card will pretty much just be used for CO purchases so I doubt I'll even reach the initial $25k for 2k EQM. I'm Platinum so EliteAccess isn't useful for me. Even if I didn't have status, I rarely have more than a small carry-on/backpack and I try to get on the plane last. Plus I actually use the non-Elite security lines at IAH in terminals C & E because they are often faster (at least around 7 AM when I normally fly). Anyway, I'll wait to see if the other benefits come soon and to see if I actually use the PC enough to justify the cost. Does anyone know how cancellations would work? Would the annual fee (I did the $375 - $75 offer) be refunded partially based on how long I had the card?

Also, CO Insider already make this clear in his FAQ, but I just wanted to reiterate that the annual 5% discount does not reset if you switch cards according to the terms they sent. If I do end up canceling, I'm pretty sure it will be when that benefit runs out.

jimbob Nov 26, 2007 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by jimbob (Post 8793784)
Does anyone know how cancellations would work? Would the annual fee (I did the $375 - $75 offer) be refunded partially based on how long I had the card?

Ouch. I just found this in the terms.

Annual Membership Fee:
<snip>
The annual membership fee is non-refundable unless you notify us that you wish to close your account within 30 days of the date we mail your billing statement on which the annual membership fee is charged
<snip>
That's not typical for other banks is it? I'm pretty sure I've canceled Amex cards in the past and they do partial refunds of annual fees. If this is true, I've probably made a mistake and this will surely be my last Chase account.

Also, I forgot to mention in my previous post. When you call in to activate the card, they try to see you 3 "exciting" benefits: Payment Protector, Fraud Detector, and ID Protection. At least it's all automated so I don't have to be an a'hole. You can hang up when they start pitching the benefits. There's nothing useful afterwards. Chase mails a lot of crap out like the $15 fake checks for one of the above named benefits. Amex sends a fair amount of junk too so I don't hold this against Chase.

wrose99 Nov 26, 2007 11:23 pm

As is being discussed at the Hyatt forum, Weatherboy has provided no evidence for this claim despite being asked repeatedly. ;)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...=1#post8794560

Originally Posted by Weatherboy (Post 8781077)
And in addition to Platinum status, you now get fast-tracked to Diamond.

familyflier Nov 27, 2007 12:05 am

Well, WeatherBoy was mostly right. A very nicely printed card arrived today signed by Mark B. detailing my new membership in "Hyatt Gold Passport" at the platinum level. Benefits include:
5 points per eligible $ spent
15% point bonus when choosing Hyatt Gold Passport
Exclusive reservation line
Extra award every 3rd stay
guaranteed bed choice
Web check-in beginning 9am day of arrival
Passport Plus awards

Unfortunately no mention of fast track

vdostoi1 Nov 27, 2007 6:43 am

Originally Posted by familyflier (Post 8794682)
Well, WeatherBoy was mostly right. A very nicely printed card arrived today signed by Mark B. detailing my new membership in "Hyatt Gold Passport" at the platinum level. Benefits include:
guaranteed bed choice
Passport Plus awards

I signed up for the card in October and I did not receive any offer for Hyatt. I did get the lugguage tags though. Is this Hyatt offer for those that signed up for the card in November? Can anyone provide the link?

manorton Nov 27, 2007 9:39 am

Now they're giving it away?

Seems like there are lots of Platinum type statuses being given away by different companies. Obviously if we're flooded with new Platinum level people (who didn't earn it via travel) then the status is going to be valueless due to the overwhelming numbers. Does anyone have any indication as to why the travel industry is doing this?

Originally Posted by vdostoi1 (Post 8795550)
I signed up for the card in October and I did not receive any offer for Hyatt. I did get the lugguage tags though. Is this Hyatt offer for those that signed up for the card in November? Can anyone provide the link?

PforPlatinum Nov 27, 2007 10:01 am

Originally Posted by manorton (Post 8796310)
Seems like there are lots of Platinum type statuses being given away by different companies. Obviously if we're flooded with new Platinum level people (who didn't earn it via travel) then the status is going to be valueless due to the overwhelming numbers. Does anyone have any indication as to why the travel industry is doing this?

Don't get confused by (or mixe up) the word "Platinum" in various programs...
Hyatt Platinum is the second tier (the same as AAdvantage Platinum)- unlike SPG platinum (or Continental Platinum) - you can achieve Gold Passport Platinum with just 5 stays.
It's nice perk to get free, but not so significant.

Hyatt - Gold(general member), Platinum(5 stays/15 nights), Diamond(25/50)
Starwood - Preferred(general), Gold(10 stays/25 nights), Platinum(25/50)

AAdvantage - General, Gold, Platinum, Exective Platinum
OnePassl - General, Silver, Gold, Platinum

jimbob Nov 27, 2007 9:10 pm

I received an email from Continental today (a day after activating the card). Below is the unformatted text. I wonder how they could have "automatically enrolled" me. I checked my existing Hyatt account and I was still gold.

Subject: Enjoy Platinum Status with Hyatt

Hyatt Gold Passport® Platinum Membership
A new Presidential Plus(SM) Card benefit.

Dear Michael,

We’ve added another new benefit for our Continental Airlines Presidential Plus(SM) World MasterCard® members — one that extends luxury to your hotel stay. You have been automatically enrolled in the Hyatt Gold Passport program at the elite Platinum level.

As a Platinum member, you will experience premium benefits and rewards including:

Five points per eligible dollar spent to use toward free nights with no blackout dates

A 15 percent point bonus when you choose Hyatt Gold Passport points for your stay

An Exclusive Platinum Reservation and Account Information Line*
Enjoy your next stay at Hyatt.

Learn more about the Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum level.

*In the U.S. and Canada.
Offer made by Hyatt Corporation. Chase Bank USA, N.A., and its affiliates are not affiliates of Hyatt and are not responsible for offer fulfillment. Subject to the program conditions of Hyatt Gold Passport found at goldpassport.hyatt.com. Please allow 6-8 weeks for membership processing. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels and resorts managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Gold Hyatt Corporation.

familyflier Nov 27, 2007 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by jimbob (Post 8800289)
I wonder how they could have "automatically enrolled" me. I checked my existing Hyatt account and I was still gold.

I'm wondering the same thing - I've never had a Hyatt account before. So does a new one get created for me?

Cupertino Nov 28, 2007 12:36 am

[[*]What if I'm a lifetime member of the Presidents Club? Lifetime Presidents Club members are not yet included in this offer, but we're working on it. In 2007, we'll introduce a special low rate for lifetime Presidents Club members.

Anything on this, yet?

wrose99 Nov 28, 2007 1:15 am

Originally Posted by familyflier (Post 8794682)
guaranteed bed choice
Passport Plus awards

I don't think anything on the card you received has been at all in dispute. The misinformation that has been disseminated by one person and one person only is the claim that the new program allows top-tier status (diamond) at Hyatt with 6 stays and then renewable annually with 6 stays. Much time has been wasted on the phone by poor trusting flyertalkers as a result of one, and only one, person's efforts to put out this claim, apparently with no evidence whatsover, not even a pointer to where he supposedly heard or read it. The person disseminating the information says he's just passing on what he heard elsewhere, but after diligent searching I can find no one, in any thread, besides that person, has said anything about Diamond. It looks like even poor Gleff took the bait:

"a friend emails that the card comes with complimentary Platinum status with Hyatt and fast track to Diamond status (top level Hyatt status in just 6 stays). This benefit isn't mentioned anywhere on the card website, and I haven't verified it, but if true would be a real world-class offering that on the whole would seem to justify the price for a Continental flyer."

Three guesses who emailed Gleff with the claim about diamond?

PforPlatinum Nov 28, 2007 9:13 am

Originally Posted by Cupertino (Post 8800992)
[[*]What if I'm a lifetime member of the Presidents Club? Lifetime Presidents Club members are not yet included in this offer, but we're working on it. In 2007, we'll introduce a special low rate for lifetime Presidents Club members.

Anything on this, yet?

Lifetime member can get Presidential Plus card with $100 annual fee. ($275 discount.)

I got mine in May this year with CO Insider's help - you need separate invitation for lifetime member to enroll with discounted fee.
There is another thread I complained about not offered discounted rate as lifetime, then Scott helped me and I got invitation with discounted fee a few days later. (Here is the thread - see post number 63 and 64)