FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger-488/)
-   -   recieved fancy invitation today for a $375 a year-"Pres Co/Chase (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/continental-onepass-pre-merger/629169-recieved-fancy-invitation-today-375-year-pres-co-chase.html)

UA Insider Nov 28, 2007 10:10 am

Originally Posted by Weatherboy (Post 8781077)
And in addition to Platinum status, you now get fast-tracked to Diamond.

Hi Weatherboy, our current Hyatt offering with the Presidential Plus card currently involves a complimentary upgrade to Hyatt Platinum status. This does not, however, include a fast-track to Diamond status, at least not at this time.

Originally Posted by vdostoi1 (Post 8795550)
I signed up for the card in October and I did not receive any offer for Hyatt. I did get the lugguage tags though. Is this Hyatt offer for those that signed up for the card in November? Can anyone provide the link?

Hi vdostoi1, all current Presidential Plus cardmembers are automatically upgraded to Hyatt Platinum status. All cardmembers who weren’t already (or didn’t appear to be) Hyatt Gold Passport members have been automatically enrolled in the program. Cardmembers will be receiving their Hyatt Platinum credentials within the next couple weeks. Enjoy!

Originally Posted by jimbob
Applied on Nov. 19 and received card today (Nov. 26). No mention of Avis President's Club or Hyatt Platinum / fast track to Diamond and no luggage tags. I'm expecting a 2nd package from CO instead of Chase which should contain some or all of those along with the actual PC card.

Hi jimbob, you’re correct. The Avis President’s Club and Hyatt Platinum benefits aren’t yet included in the benefits guide that come with your new card. In December, we'll be sending all current Presidential Plus cardmembers an updated benefits guide, which does outline both the Avis and Hyatt benefits. As mentioned above, the Hyatt Platinum enrollment is automatic. The Avis President’s Club benefit, however, does require enrollment online at http://avis.com/presidentialplus. As for the Continental Presidents Club membership credentials and the luggage tags, you'll indeed receive those separately.

Originally Posted by jimbob
I received an email from Continental today (a day after activating the card). Below is the unformatted text. I wonder how they could have "automatically enrolled" me. I checked my existing Hyatt account and I was still gold.

Hi jimbob, for each cardmember we did attempt to match up to an existing Hyatt Gold Passport account and upgrade the status to Platinum. In many cases, however, we weren't able to make an absolute match, and a new account was created. In the event a new account was created for you in error, please contact the Hyatt Gold Passport service center to merge the two accounts.

Scott6067 Nov 28, 2007 10:54 am

Wish I would have seen the discounted notes (for lifetime PC members) on the the Presidental Card as I would have gotten the card to get the extra miles in my mileathon for this year. Oh well, I know that information for next year.

manorton Nov 28, 2007 11:45 am

Continental frequent flyers

I just got a mailer announcing the "new" Hyatt Gold at Platinum level benefit. Looks like anyone who already has the card is going to get it.

Anyway, What's left for "real" Continental frequent flyers if your average Joe can buy into Elite access and Platinum level? Think about how many times you have people who obviously never fly get in front and hold things up because they don't follow any proper security procedures, act confused, go through the metal detectors multiple times, forget to look at their boarding passes before boarding then get lost, block isles with luggage, take 10 minutes to figure out how to put a bag in an overhead, etc. Elite Access got us past some of this. Platinum level used to mean upgrades into first.

What's left for those of us who really do fly a lot? Are our lives going to become more difficult because of this?

Originally Posted by PforPlatinum (Post 8796434)
Don't get confused by (or mixe up) the word "Platinum" in various programs...
Hyatt Platinum is the second tier (the same as AAdvantage Platinum)- unlike SPG platinum (or Continental Platinum) - you can achieve Gold Passport Platinum with just 5 stays.
It's nice perk to get free, but not so significant.

Hyatt - Gold(general member), Platinum(5 stays/15 nights), Diamond(25/50)
Starwood - Preferred(general), Gold(10 stays/25 nights), Platinum(25/50)

AAdvantage - General, Gold, Platinum, Exective Platinum
OnePassl - General, Silver, Gold, Platinum

PforPlatinum Nov 28, 2007 11:52 am

I think you are still mixing up "Platinum"...

Originally Posted by manorton (Post 8803412)
Think about how many times you have people who obviously never fly get in front and hold things up because they don't follow any proper security procedures, act confused, go through the metal detectors multiple times, forget to look at their boarding passes before boarding then get lost, block isles with luggage, take 10 minutes to figure out how to put a bag in an overhead, etc. Elite Access got us past some of this.

Do you think those people will apply to $375 card?

Originally Posted by manorton (Post 8803412)
Platinum level used to mean upgrades into first.

Well, PPlus card will give Hyatt GP Platinum level, but not OnePass Platinum Elite status.
And just being Hyatt GP Platinum won't get upgrade to First on CO flight, at least. ;)

manorton Nov 28, 2007 1:53 pm

Hmmmm.......

Originally Posted by PforPlatinum (Post 8803457)
Do you think those people will apply to $375 card?

Not most, but there will be some. Hopefully it is next to none.

Originally Posted by PforPlatinum (Post 8803457)
Well, PPlus card will give Hyatt GP Platinum level, but not OnePass Platinum Elite status.
And just being Hyatt GP Platinum won't get upgrade to First on CO flight, at least. ;)

The way I read how the card works is that you get miles toward Elite based on spending levels. Spend enough and you can get up there. Correct?

jimbob Nov 28, 2007 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by manorton (Post 8804223)
The way I read how the card works is that you get miles toward Elite based on spending levels. Spend enough and you can get up there. Correct?

You can earn up to 28,000 flex EQMs per year. You earn 2,000 for every $25,000. To get those you'd have to put $350,000 on the card. So if you put $350k on the card this year, $350k on the card the year after, and then another $250k on the card in the 3rd year, you'll get Platinum. So it'll take $850k and over 2 years from no flying to Platinum for 1 year. I don't think we'll have to worry about much dilution... I imagine these EQMs are more likely to be used as bridges to the next level when you're already relatively close. I also expect that those kind of spenders are probably looking at different ooh-you-must-make-a-lot-of-money-and-be-so-powerful cards.

Frisky Nov 28, 2007 5:59 pm

watch out for the annual reset

Originally Posted by jimbob (Post 8804291)
You can earn up to 28,000 flex EQMs per year. You earn 2,000 for every $25,000. To get those you'd have to put $350,000 on the card. So if you put $350k on the card this year, $350k on the card the year after, and then another $250k on the card in the 3rd year....

Bear in mind that the $25,000 threshold is reset on the anniversary of your card, when you pay a new annual fee! This means that you could easily lose, on average, $12,500 of credit, or 1,000 EQM, each year.

I had a long chat with a very helpful Chase rep today on this topic. I said that a) they should make it very easy to see where you stand relative to the $25K threshold and the anniversary date, so you don't get caught off-guard, and (b) they really should just do away with the reset and let people accumulate across years. In my case, for instance, I just hit $25K and have no great incentive to use this card until my anniversary date a month from now! :mad:

wrose99 Nov 29, 2007 7:00 am

Originally Posted by CO Insider (Post 8802862)
Hi Weatherboy, our current Hyatt offering with the Presidential Plus card currently involves a complimentary upgrade to Hyatt Platinum status. This does not, however, include a fast-track to Diamond status, at least not at this time.

Ok so the Hyatt Diamond rumor is officially dead. CO Insider's response does imply a potential desire to offer that benefit in the future. Personally, I can't imagine the high price that Hyatt would require to destroy the top tier of its program by offering it so liberally to airline programs that have many times more members. But if Hyatt decides to do so, I will be the first to take advantage of the offer by moving my business to other chains without fear of losing my Hyatt Diamond status!

Hartmann Nov 29, 2007 7:44 am

I signed up for this card during the promotion for 3,000 EQMs. I was already a Chase Continental card holder (but signed up separately). To this day I haven't received the EQMs.

Anyone in the same boat?

After talking with Avis they said they enrolled me in the Presidents Club but not Preferred Service (so I still have to go in and sign for the car). It still has not shown up in my account so another call may be due.

OPFlyer Nov 29, 2007 6:16 pm

CO Insider

Scott, does the Avis Presidents Club membership and the Hyatt Platinum status stay with you while you have the card or do you have to requalify for it?

familyflier Nov 29, 2007 8:45 pm

Big marketing push going on....

Was quite surprised to see the fancy invitation in the mail today - three times! 2 year old and 4 year old kids of F.F. and the beautiful Mrs. F.F. all got the invitation at the same time. So, is it time to start a new thread: "Looking young and being Presidential Plus?" Also, can I use 4 separate accounts to get the premium PC wines down to $1?

UA Insider Nov 30, 2007 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by Hartmann (Post 8808381)
After talking with Avis they said they enrolled me in the Presidents Club but not Preferred Service (so I still have to go in and sign for the car). It still has not shown up in my account so another call may be due.

Hi Hartmann, if you're not already enrolled in the Avis Preferred Service, you may do so on the Avis website.

Originally Posted by OPFlyer
Scott, does the Avis Presidents Club membership and the Hyatt Platinum status stay with you while you have the card or do you have to requalify for it?

Hi OPFlyer, your Avis President's Club and Hyatt Platinum status will stay with you for as long as you have the card.

Hartmann Nov 30, 2007 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by CO Insider (Post 8816152)
Hi Hartmann, if you're not already enrolled in the Avis Preferred Service, you may do so on the Avis website.

Scott,

Thanks for the reply.

The catch is that I am not 25 and cannot be enrolled in Preferred Service.

If anyone under 25 gets this card, they'll need to do a little work to get the status.

tridents Nov 30, 2007 3:23 pm

I am surprised ua,dl,aa,nw arent doing this kind of card.

jimbob Nov 30, 2007 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by CO Insider (Post 8816152)
if you're not already enrolled in the Avis Preferred Service, you may do so on the Avis website.

Anyone trying calling the phone number listed on the not-so-secret-site if you're already in Preferred Service? I called it today and got voicemail from some company that certainly wasn't Avis. I couldn't hear the name well enough but I think they might have the wrong phone number posted.

Hartmann, who did you talk to at Avis?

PforPlatinum Nov 30, 2007 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by jimbob (Post 8817157)
Anyone trying calling the phone number listed (1-757-687-2008) on the not-so-secret-site if you're already in Preferred Service? I called it today and got voicemail from some company that certainly wasn't Avis. I couldn't hear the name well enough but I think they might have the wrong phone number posted.

That's correct number - I left the my name/number and intention to apply for AVIS President's Club. A few huors later I got a call, and application was processed.

aaflyer757 Dec 4, 2007 3:28 pm

Does anyone have any info on the presidential club world mastercard. I am interested in applying and I see several different promotional links for signing up For example while researching this card I found that one link officers only luggage tags, another 15000 bonus miles, and the third link I saw offered 75 dollars off the 375 dollar annual fee. Do I have a choice of what promo I want? Second question I have is, What is the trip cancellation insurance / trip interruption insurance like on this card. Usually when I book trips I pay 150 dollars (2 people) per trip for this service through a company. Getting a presidents club membership, and the trip insurance feature seams like it might be worth th 375 dollar annual fee. Any thoughts?

Hartmann Dec 4, 2007 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by jimbob (Post 8817157)
Anyone trying calling the phone number listed (1-757-687-2008) on the not-so-secret-site if you're already in Preferred Service? I called it today and got voicemail from some company that certainly wasn't Avis. I couldn't hear the name well enough but I think they might have the wrong phone number posted.

Hartmann, who did you talk to at Avis?

I just called up customer service. It took a couple of connections to get to someone who could help me.

Now what's weird is that my status doesn't show up on the website but their records have me as a President's Club member.

JC1120 Dec 7, 2007 7:23 am

COInsider (or anyone willing to help), I'd like to sign up for the $100 upgrade for Lifetime PClub Members...

jonu Dec 12, 2007 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by jimbob (Post 8793784)
Applied on Nov. 19 and received card today (Nov. 26). No mention of Avis President's Club or Hyatt Platinum / fast track to Diamond and no luggage tags. I'm expecting a 2nd package from CO instead of Chase which should contain some or all of those along with the actual PC card.

How long after getting the MC did it take for you to get your PC card?

jimbob Dec 13, 2007 12:04 am

Originally Posted by jonu (Post 8886753)
How long after getting the MC did it take for you to get your PC card?

A week to a week and a half. It had the luggage tags and the Avis info as well. The Hyatt info came by email.

jimbob Dec 16, 2007 2:14 pm

I had the CO World MC before getting this card so I called today to cancel the older one. When I told the first customer service agent I had "upgraded" and wanted to cancel the older one, she sent me directly to their special what-can-we-do-to-keep-you-from-canceling folks. I explained to her the exact situation and within seconds she offered me 5,000 CO miles not to cancel and she also offered to lower my APR by 5-6%. She said the miles would post in 6-8 weeks. I wasn't trying to take advantage of the situation. I just said I had 2 redundant cards and it didn't make sense to have the older one. I would have been a fool not to take the 5k miles in exchange for not getting a refund for part of the annual fee ($14 for 2 month portion of $85/year). So now I'll wait until the miles post and then go to cancel it again. Maybe I'm missing something but this sounds like a pretty stupid deal for Chase.

rjque Dec 16, 2007 4:12 pm

Wow, Chase is a terrible partner. I called to sign up for this a couple of months ago and asked if the 20,000 mile bonus offer applied to this card as well. The agent put me on hold and came back to tell me that the bonus would apply and I would receive it after my first purchase. Based on that, I went ahead and opened the account. Turns out the agent was wrong. I'm now talking with them about closing the account and seeking a full refund of the annual fee.

It sounds like I should have opened the regular card, obtained the bonus and then called to convert that card to the new card. How annoying.

Frisky Dec 17, 2007 6:10 am

Originally Posted by rjque (Post 8907307)
Wow, Chase is a terrible partner. I called to sign up for this a couple of months ago and asked if the 20,000 mile bonus offer applied to this card as well. The agent put me on hold and came back to tell me that the bonus would apply and I would receive it after my first purchase. Based on that, I went ahead and opened the account. Turns out the agent was wrong. I'm now talking with them about closing the account and seeking a full refund of the annual fee.

It sounds like I should have opened the regular card, obtained the bonus and then called to convert that card to the new card. How annoying.

I was told the correct info, and so I kept both the regular card (to get the 20K miles I already was getting --- canceling that card would revoke the bonus) and the new one. After a year, I canceled the regular card and kept the Pres card to keep getting elite qualifying miles. But, per my earlier post, I think it is a SCAM that they reset the counter toward $25K/2K-EQM when the card renews. Beware!!

jonu Dec 21, 2007 12:26 pm

I still have not gotten my PC card (received the Master Card over a week ago), but... for those new to CO/PC (like I am), I learned that at Northwest World Clubs, you do not need the PC card but just your OnePass number and photo ID (like at the President Clubs).

friendsone Dec 22, 2007 5:56 am

Is this the correct number to call to get membership in Avis with the Cont.Presidenal Plus card. If so, What is it that they will need from me to get the Avis preferred service account?
Thanks
Friendsone

jimbob Dec 22, 2007 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by friendsone (Post 8939721)
Is this the correct number to call to get membership in Avis with the Cont.Presidenal Plus card. If so, What is it that they will need from me to get the Avis preferred service account?

I just left a message using the number at the bottom of specified webpage with my wizard number and mentioned that I had the CO credit card. She called back the next business day and left a message saying that she had modified my account and that if I had any pending reservations I should call to them adjusted.

ekwang Dec 22, 2007 3:58 pm

Mad at somebody

Originally Posted by jimbob (Post 8940842)
I just left a message using the number at the bottom of specified webpage with my wizard number and mentioned that I had the CO credit card. She called back the next business day and left a message saying that she had modified my account and that if I had any pending reservations I should call to them adjusted.

Well, imagine to my chagrin, that when I signed up as a CO Presidential Plus cardmember for the Avis Presidential Plus service, that it worked. Then a couple of days ago, I got a letter from Avis saying that my enrollment was in err because I'm not a Presidential Plus cardholder. I called Chase and they said I still was. But Avis says I'm not. Not sure who to complain to about this snafu.

Eric

KENNECTED Dec 22, 2007 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by ekwang (Post 8941669)
Well, imagine to my chagrin, that when I signed up as a CO Presidential Plus cardmember for the Avis Presidential Plus service, that it worked. Then a couple of days ago, I got a letter from Avis saying that my enrollment was in err because I'm not a Presidential Plus cardholder. I called Chase and they said I still was. But Avis says I'm not. Not sure who to complain to about this snafu.

Eric

Maybe you can have the customer service folks talk to one another. Question, before signing up for the Presidential Plus card, did you have an Avis number? If you had an existing number that might be causing a problem. As they say, if you don't get the help you want.....hang up and try again. I would call Avis and ask to speak to a supervisor.

Hartmann Dec 23, 2007 4:26 pm

I've done some research into the missing 3,000 Flex miles in my account. It appears that the miles were deposited into my account as regular CC miles rather than Flex. I've called Chase a few times and they tell me to call CO; I call CO and they have no idea what I'm talking about.

OPFlyer Dec 23, 2007 4:28 pm

I thought it came in bundles of 2,000 Flex Elite Miles.

Hartmann Dec 23, 2007 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by OPFlyer (Post 8945704)
I thought it came in bundles of 2,000 Flex Elite Miles.

It does. But the offer I signed up for gave 3,000 EQMs as Flex Miles.

ekwang Dec 24, 2007 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by Cheap Elite (Post 8941763)
Maybe you can have the customer service folks talk to one another. Question, before signing up for the Presidential Plus card, did you have an Avis number? If you had an existing number that might be causing a problem. As they say, if you don't get the help you want.....hang up and try again. I would call Avis and ask to speak to a supervisor.

Hi,

I actually did speak with somebody based out of VA who was supposed to be a director for the Avis Presidential Plus program and she'd left me a vm saying that I'd have to work with Chase. I will see about setting up a concall with both parties on the line to clear it up.

Thanks!

And happy holidays everybody!
Eric

J.Edward Dec 24, 2007 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by ekwang (Post 8941669)

<chuckles>

Chase does it again.

Maybe if they start looking now they can find the baby the threw out along with the bathwater. :rolleyes:

jimbob Jan 19, 2008 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by Hartmann (Post 8945695)
I've done some research into the missing 3,000 Flex miles in my account.

I used the $75 off annual offer and ended up with 3,000 flex miles as well even though I don't think I was supposed to get them. Maybe they were yours? ;)

But now there's apparently a $200 off annual fee and/or some 20-40k bonuses as well so now I don't feel so lucky. Flex miles don't provide much value to me. I fly lots of short flights so flex points would make more sense for me.

Art234 Jan 20, 2008 10:30 am

Where does one find the $200 off and bonuses? I didn't see it on the CO web site offering the card....

jayflyer Jan 20, 2008 11:09 am

i'll pass...

fly co to see the yanks Jan 20, 2008 11:43 am

i think we have two concurrent threads running on this card. perhaps a merge in in order, moderator?

i would also love to know the best offer for this card and applicable link/promotion code. that would be valuable.

dgc03052 Feb 1, 2008 10:41 am

Originally Posted by Hartmann (Post 8946403)
It does. But the offer I signed up for gave 3,000 EQMs as Flex Miles.

How long did it take for those to show up (even in the wrong bucket)? Any luck getting that fixed? I signed up the same way, for 3000 Flex miles signup bonus, and I want to make sure I can use them for 2007 status.

Thanks,
dgc

Hartmann Feb 1, 2008 10:58 am

Originally Posted by dgc03052 (Post 9174238)
How long did it take for those to show up (even in the wrong bucket)? Any luck getting that fixed? I signed up the same way, for 3000 Flex miles signup bonus, and I want to make sure I can use them for 2007 status.

Thanks,
dgc

It took 2-3 months for those miles to show up in the wrong bucket. They still have not been placed in the correct one.