Wiki Posts
Search

Switches to mid-lavs

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2006, 8:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Liftetime Gold/ BA Silver
Switches to mid-lavs

Anybody got a take on when mid-lav 737-800s get assigned to routes. On San-Ewr, the equipment assigned starts out as regular 737-800s but then often get switched to mid-lavs about 3 months out? Bad news if you plan ahead and want the bulkhead seats... especially since you don't get an e-mail notice about the change.
Old Aug 30, 2006, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by mblajolla
Anybody got a take on when mid-lav 737-800s get assigned to routes. On San-Ewr, the equipment assigned starts out as regular 737-800s but then often get switched to mid-lavs about 3 months out? Bad news if you plan ahead and want the bulkhead seats... especially since you don't get an e-mail notice about the change.

Equipment assignments are fluid until 2-3 days out and often less if there is a need for a MX swap.
Old Aug 30, 2006, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United Liftetime Gold/ BA Silver
Originally Posted by MBM3
Equipment assignments are fluid until 2-3 days out and often less if there is a need for a MX swap.
Sure, but that is not the point - I am talking about systematic changes for a whole months at a time. For example Nov 1-Dec 31 just got swapped out last week.

A month ago, the same was done for Sep and Oct flights.
Old Aug 30, 2006, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
I don't know how far in advance they schedule the mid-cabin lav 738s. I usually buy tickets less than 14 days in advance, and I've never had a 738 switch between the mid-cabin lav and non-mid-cabin lav configurations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.