Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

How can I select different seats on two separate flights with same #?

Old Aug 15, 2006, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

My family and I are traveling from EWR-IAH-EZE (and back) next month and I have been trying to get seats on different locations on the plane for different flights. CO.COM only shows EWR-EZE and EZE-IAH as single flights.

The last time I took these flights, the web site also didn't display the separate flights properly but Co.com support was able to fix it. Even on the the phone, the agents say that the seats on the separate legs can't be different.

Anyone ever encounter this and more importantly, any way to get around it?

(FYI there are three of us and I would like to get ABD on the short flights so my son could see out of the window but DEF on the long flights.)

I realize that there are more pressing issues out there but this would make the flights more comfortable for us.

Thanks!

Keba
Old Aug 15, 2006, 3:04 pm
Company Representative, United Airlines

Originally Posted by KebaNYC
My family and I are traveling from EWR-IAH-EZE (and back) next month and I have been trying to get seats on different locations on the plane for different flights. CO.COM only shows EWR-EZE and EZE-IAH as single flights.

The last time I took these flights, the web site also didn't display the separate flights properly but Co.com support was able to fix it. Even on the the phone, the agents say that the seats on the separate legs can't be different.

Anyone ever encounter this and more importantly, any way to get around it?

(FYI there are three of us and I would like to get ABD on the short flights so my son could see out of the window but DEF on the long flights.)

I realize that there are more pressing issues out there but this would make the flights more comfortable for us.

Thanks!

Keba
Hi Keba, It's possible to split up your seats, even though your flights were sold as a single leg - but this can't be done online. You'll need to call our Reservations line (800-525-0820), as opposed to continental.com support. If you have any problems, please send me a PM and we'll get you taken care of.
Old Aug 15, 2006, 8:48 pm

Programs: CO Gold; SPG Gold***; AvisFirst;
FYI - had this last year ewr-iah-ogg. Called - got everything fixed... long story short, the agent in the PC was finally able to move me out of 16K (IIRC) ... on the 738 segment ewr-iah. Said it was a frequent occurance.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.