Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage redemption success

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2006, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG, Continental, USAir, United, AA, Delta
Mileage redemption success

Just wanted to report on my success booking CO FF miles (I know the majority view is that it's impossible).

On 7/17, I booked a flight from EWR to Athens on KLM for 8/8 (my preferred date). For my return, I failed to book FCO (Rome) to EWR on 9/4 (labor day), but was able to book Nice-EWR on 9/3 (just switched around a couple of small trip details) on AirFrance. Only needed the "Standard" 50K miles for the roundtrip. I'm Gold right now, so not sure how that affects partner booking availability, but wanted to let everyone know that it IS possible to redeem at lower mileage levels.
Old Aug 5, 2006, 9:53 pm

I agree it can happen

I was able to get First Class to EWR and business to Madrid with the same on the return for 180,000 miles for 2 tickets. The flights are on Delta using CO miles. I was unable to get any of the trip on CO.
Old Aug 5, 2006, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
I got a standard BF reward to TLV for next weekend
Old Aug 5, 2006, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United, American, Delta, Hyatt, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott
Originally Posted by entropy
I got a standard BF reward to TLV for next weekend

Hmmm. . .I wonder why that is! I am actually tempted. I have never been to Israel and I would love to see Tel Aviv. It looks like now is the time to fly to Israel without using a lot of miles!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.