Wiki Posts
Search

5 hours of nothing?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2006, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, Amex Centurion, UA 1MM
5 hours of nothing?

I was checking the daily scheduling of EWR-MBJ. The inbound aircraft arrives at 12:17 and the outbound flight back to EWR doesnt leave until 5:40PM, an almost 5.5 hour down time....This looks like pretty bad aircraft utilization. What gives?
Old Jul 31, 2006, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
That's about a four-hour flight, right? Maybe they don't have the landing slot for it at EWR in the 5p-8p rush hour.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 11:32 am

Programs: CO Silver
Originally Posted by saccoNY
I was checking the daily scheduling of EWR-MBJ. The inbound aircraft arrives at 12:17 and the outbound flight back to EWR doesnt leave until 5:40PM, an almost 5.5 hour down time....This looks like pretty bad aircraft utilization. What gives?
I'm not sure if it's daily or not, but there is a MBJ-IAH flight that leaves at 1:10pm, most likely using the aircraft from EWR. Your MBJ-EWR aircraft probably originates at IAH, arriving at MBJ at 4:47pm and continuing to EWR at 5:40pm.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, Amex Centurion, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by IAH_FLYER
I'm not sure if it's daily or not, but there is a MBJ-IAH flight that leaves at 1:10pm, most likely using the aircraft from EWR. Your MBJ-EWR aircraft probably originates at IAH, arriving at MBJ at 4:47pm and continuing to EWR at 5:40pm.

That makes sense. I guess I always figure most aircraft to go back to the city which they started from, especially in a secondary market like MBJ. Anyway, that being the way it is gives me an extra few hours on the beach! I love it when it works out in my favor!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.