Community
Wiki Posts
Search

beware of 5% discount

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2006, 4:25 am
Original Poster

beware of 5% discount

chase continental gives you a 5% discount on purchase of a ticket but that might cost you big time.i did a 18,000.00 balance transfer at zero percent.if i make a purchas ei get charged 22.49% percent.all payments get applied to the zero interest first,so till i pay off my balance transfer i ould pay 22% interest which wips out my 5% discount.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 4:58 am

I never do balance transfers on to credit cards that I may use. Defeats the purpose.
Old Mar 26, 2006, 5:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

This has nothing to do with the 5% discount. It has to do with you have 18K in CC debt and not knowing how CCs apply the payments (which might explain why you have 18K in CC debt).
Old Mar 26, 2006, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
The 5% discount works just fine. As noted above, your issue is with how credit card companies apply payments. Reading the fine print really is important. You didn't think they'd float $18k at 0% out of the kindness of their hearts, now did you?

Since this really has nothing to with Continental I'm going to close the thread.

Xyzzy
CO forum moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.