Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgraded But No Seat Assignment

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2006, 9:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Upgraded But No Seat Assignment

I have been EUA'd for an IAH-DCA flight next week but no seat assignment shows and the seat map on co.com shows no available seats. When I called they said "my" seat is 1B, but it is blocked and can't be assigned until 24 hours before flight time.

I assume they need to reserve this seat for the FAM. In theory, if one is assigned to our flight, I would find myself back in coach, right?

Has anyone ever been upgraded in advance but then not be able to fly in F due to no seat being available?

On a side note, I found it strange that they would completely fill F with upgrades more than 3 days before the flight.
Old Feb 3, 2006, 9:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; Marriott Platinum Premier; HH Diamond; Hertz President's Circle; Avis PS; AMEX Plat
1B is reserved for FC disabled passengers and can't be unblocked until 24 hours before the flight.
Old Feb 3, 2006, 11:06 pm

Programs: CO Plat, AA, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis Pref Sel
This happened to me just this past week. I got the upgrade notification but, like you, no seat. I also called and got the same explanation as suzanneaustin. They said it was an FAA requirement to hold a seat in FC for disabled passengers. I got the seat just fine, just like they said and enjoyed my FC upgrade from IAH to IAD.
Old Feb 4, 2006, 10:15 am

It happens and more than likely you will be fine and get your seat.
Old Feb 4, 2006, 10:25 am
cpx

Programs: Many
It has happened to me a couple of times, but I always got the seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.