Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Schedule for Big CO event Jan 27th/28th when and where to meet etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schedule for Big CO event Jan 27th/28th when and where to meet etc.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2006, 4:16 am
Original Poster

Location: Smoke filled room, TPA and FLL/MIA :UAL 1K and 2MM,AA EX PLAT and 2MM,Lifetime Plat Starwood
Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
If you go to the event at the hanger on Saturday night, are you stuck there until 7:30 p.m. at the earliest (when the first return shuttle departs for the airport)? Not that being at the hanger event will be anything other than pleasant, but what if you have to catch an earlier return flight on Saturday night? I assume walking across the tarmac is not only a lousy idea, but also verboten.
You certainly can't walk across the tarmac. TSA would arrest you. I am not sure of the answer. I will find out and post thursday.
Old Jan 24, 2006, 4:21 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat/P100, UA 1K 1MM
Does anyone know where the old Avis lot is? A street address would be great so I can plug it into Google maps.

Thanks!
Old Jan 24, 2006, 4:56 pm

Programs: DL PM, .6MM; AA Plat; Marriott Platinum Premier
Originally Posted by dmbfan222
Does anyone know where the old Avis lot is? A street address would be great so I can plug it into Google maps.

Thanks!
I believe its on Will Clayton Parkway heading from the airport towards US 59. It has been a looooong time, but I have rented cars from there before.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 6:00 am
CLG

Programs: United Platinum, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Circle
Originally Posted by nd_eric_77
I believe its on Will Clayton Parkway heading from the airport towards US 59. It has been a looooong time, but I have rented cars from there before.
Is there any chance we could get a sign posted on it? Being new to Houston, I don't really want to drive around looking for the lot for a half hour, only to then go park at the Marriott and be late. Thanks!

-CLG
Old Jan 25, 2006, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by CLG
Is there any chance we could get a sign posted on it? Being new to Houston, I don't really want to drive around looking for the lot for a half hour, only to then go park at the Marriott and be late. Thanks!

-CLG
CLG,

Welcome to Houston from another displaced New Orleanian. Only a half hour drive in Houston is something savor.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 6:44 am

Programs: CO Platinum HHonors Diamond Avis President's Club
Old Avis Lot

Originally Posted by dmbfan222

Thanks!

I don't know the exact address in terms of plugging it into Google Maps, but I used to rent cars there, so here's what I recall:

Right off of Will Clayton Pkwy, you'll see Wright Rd running parallel to Will Clayton Pkwy just before you get to the terminals. I think you get onto this by turning right on Wright Rd or Colonel Fisher Dr from Will Clayton Pkwy. Back on Wright Rd is where Avis used to be located, so if you get on that road, you should find the old Avis lot with no problem.

If you plug "IAH" into google maps and zoom in, you can see what I'm talking about here.

peace,
~Ben~
Old Jan 25, 2006, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cigarman
Everyone will get their tour assignments Friday when you check in at the event.
Is the check-in at the Marriott Ballroom on Friday night? Should I be on the lookout for a registration table of sorts?
Old Jan 25, 2006, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
Is the check-in at the Marriott Ballroom on Friday night? Should I be on the lookout for a registration table of sorts?
Last year there were tables set up outside the ballroom.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 1:03 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Originally Posted by MBM3
Last year there were tables set up outside the ballroom.
...and a Blue Carpet
Old Jan 25, 2006, 8:45 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Camera Restrictions?

Are there any camera restrictions on/around any tour?

Last year, the TSA's went crazy when they saw a camera anywhere near their secret baggage operations, but other than that, we were pretty free to take pictures of whatever we wanted whenever we wanted. Is the same true for this 'Do?
Old Jan 25, 2006, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

Location: Smoke filled room, TPA and FLL/MIA :UAL 1K and 2MM,AA EX PLAT and 2MM,Lifetime Plat Starwood
I'll post where to show up by Thursday evening. I am sorry for the delay.

Pretty much everyone registers at our tables Friday night at the Mariott, unless you can't make friday. We will provide directions Friday for where to go saturday. If you aren't there Friday I will post where to show up saturday, as soon as I get the info from CO in the next 24 hours.
Old Jan 26, 2006, 7:01 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat/P100, UA 1K 1MM
Originally Posted by seoulmanjr
I don't know the exact address in terms of plugging it into Google Maps, but I used to rent cars there, so here's what I recall:

Right off of Will Clayton Pkwy, you'll see Wright Rd running parallel to Will Clayton Pkwy just before you get to the terminals. I think you get onto this by turning right on Wright Rd or Colonel Fisher Dr from Will Clayton Pkwy. Back on Wright Rd is where Avis used to be located, so if you get on that road, you should find the old Avis lot with no problem.

If you plug "IAH" into google maps and zoom in, you can see what I'm talking about here.

peace,
~Ben~

Great, thanks!
Old Jan 26, 2006, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

Here is a new thread with the schedule of where to be. This thread is too many pages and it might get lost.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=519432
Old Jan 27, 2006, 5:23 pm

Programs: CO, CO PC, NW, HHonors, Hertz Gold, Marriott
Bump.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.