Wiki Posts
Search

EQM - Other ways to earn?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2005, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO OnePass Silver
EQM - Other ways to earn?

First post, so please forgive me if this has been covered. I searched the rest of this section and didn't see it.

It's the end of the year and I need to get some more EQM to maintiain my Silver Elite status. Is there a list of ways other than flying on CO to get the miles? If such a list doesn't exist, does anyone have some quick suggestions? It seems to me that CO is particularly stingy when handing out EQM for partner activities.

I'm looking at a MR, too, but trying to work that around a possible end of year vacation trip.

Many thanks and I've enjoyed reading this forum - always good advice. About time I delurked.
Old Dec 15, 2005, 2:23 pm

Programs: CO PLT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by RitterSport
First post, so please forgive me if this has been covered. I searched the rest of this section and didn't see it.

It's the end of the year and I need to get some more EQM to maintiain my Silver Elite status. Is there a list of ways other than flying on CO to get the miles? If such a list doesn't exist, does anyone have some quick suggestions? It seems to me that CO is particularly stingy when handing out EQM for partner activities.

I'm looking at a MR, too, but trying to work that around a possible end of year vacation trip.

Many thanks and I've enjoyed reading this forum - always good advice. About time I delurked.
Last time I checked, and I could be very wrong about this, but the whole point behind EQMs was that they are revenue driven and there isn't any other way to earn them but to fly and spend money with CO. I think this makes sense since the elite status and upgrades and such should be revenue driven.

If theres a way, I'm sure not aware of it!

--PP
Old Dec 15, 2005, 3:58 pm

Programs: UA, Delta, SPG, MAR
there was a targeted offer earlier this year with 3000 EQMs for a continental world mastercard. other than that you have to fly.
Old Dec 15, 2005, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO OnePass Silver
Many thanks for the input. I guess I need to get on a plane!
Old Dec 15, 2005, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by RitterSport
Is there a list of ways other than flying on CO to get the miles?
As you've been told, with the exception of a non-current credit card offer, the only way to get EQM is to fly. But not just on CO - many partners will do as well. Check out the list of airline partners at http://www.continental.com/onepass/e...ne/default.asp.

Domestically within the US 49, your options are
CO (if booked on co.com, you'll earn at least 100% of flown miles, with a minimum of 500 per segment)
DL (watch out: 50% EQM on fare classes L, U and T)
NW (watch out: 50% EQM on fare classes V, L, T and K)
AS (also 100% on all fare classes)
and Amtrak if you are in the northeast corridor.

Last edited by yellow77; Dec 15, 2005 at 5:07 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.