Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Inexpensive CLE Parking Options

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2005, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Inexpensive CLE Parking Options

Can anyone suggest some inexpensive parking options for about 2-3 days (including weekend days) when flying CO from CLE? One of the nearby private lots has $7 per day right now. Are there any lower than that? How about something more creative? Cab would be more expensive than parking and RTA doesn't have a line close enough to my home to make that a good option.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by COCoachFlyer
Can anyone suggest some inexpensive parking options for about 2-3 days (including weekend days) when flying CO from CLE? One of the nearby private lots has $7 per day right now. Are there any lower than that? How about something more creative? Cab would be more expensive than parking and RTA doesn't have a line close enough to my home to make that a good option.
I used to park at the offsite locations on Snow Road for about $8/day, but switched to long term at the airport for $9/day as I was completely annoyed with poor shuttle service.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 3:56 pm

Programs: CO one pass gold
RTA has a route near my home, so I take a bus to the rapid, then the rapid to the airport.

I was considering driving to one of the rapid stations, since many of them have free parking, but the one I visited had vagrants and a lot of police presence (during the day), so I decided I didn't want to risk leaving my car there.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 9:34 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Can anyone suggest some inexpensive parking options for about 2-3 days (including weekend days) when flying CO from CLE?

If you are a member of AAA, you can get a $5/day coupon for Park Aire Express.
It is located on Snow Road. This is the best deal I know
Old Oct 12, 2005, 9:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Talking

Thank god for the shaker rapid!
Old Oct 12, 2005, 10:34 pm

CLE Cheap Parking

There may not be a Rapid station close to home, but there's always the option of parking at the next closest stop, Brookpark Rd. They have a big lot and it's constantly patrolled by transit police. Plus, for $3 you can't beat that for a long trip...unless of course you tried parking at an area airport hotel and hopping on their shuttle.

Old Oct 13, 2005, 2:57 pm

Programs: CO OnePass
Triskett vs. Brookpark

Actually, I would probably park at the Triskett RTA station (approximate location, it doesn't show up on Google) as opposed to Brookpark. I live about equal distance from both and have had my car broken into there. I always make the drive up to Triskett, it's just a bit safer to leave your car there for an extended period of time.
Old Oct 14, 2005, 9:44 am
Original Poster

The RTA lots seem to be about what I expected- a possibility, but not one that leaves you with the greatest peace of mind while you're gone... especially wondering what's going on with your car at 3am on a saturday night.

In the main airport long-term garage, how does the billing work? For example, if you come in at like 5am the first day, and leave the garage in the morning of the 3rd day, you've really been there only about 50 hours, but spread over three calendar days. Would you still have to pay the 3 X $9 full daily rate?
Old Oct 14, 2005, 9:59 am

The RTA lots seem to be about what I expected- a possibility, but not one that leaves you with the greatest peace of mind while you're gone... especially wondering what's going on with your car at 3am on a saturday night.

In the main airport long-term garage, how does the billing work? For example, if you come in at like 5am the first day, and leave the garage in the morning of the 3rd day, you've really been there only about 50 hours, but spread over three calendar days. Would you still have to pay the 3 X $9 full daily rate?

IIRC is is by the calendar day.
Old Oct 14, 2005, 10:59 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond
In both short-term and long-term, the fee is for a 24-hour period, and the clock starts running when you drive in. I've had several occasions when I've parked around 6 PM Monday, left the garage about 10 PM Wednesday, and gotten popped for three 'days'. (They give you a bit of a break if your last 'day' is 3 hours or less, but I always seem to just miss the cutoff on that).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.