Search

Air travel Radiation

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2004, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB, UA 1k, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
Air travel Radiation

Just an FYI,

Did you know that the average traveller receives about 100mR of radiation on a trans-atlantic flight?
Interesting as that is the limit that you can expose a member of the public too in a year. It is not recorded because it is "naturally occuring"
I just thought, with some of the high mileage plats FT'ers, they must be getting a fair amount of radiation during the year.

Nothing to worry about, just thought it was interesting.
Old Mar 5, 2004, 10:40 am

Don't forget the flouride in the water; saps the precious bodily fluids.
Old Mar 5, 2004, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Tod E Tosser:
Don't forget the flouride in the water; saps the precious bodily fluids. </font>
Strangelove rules.
Old Mar 5, 2004, 12:11 pm

Or what about the radiation from all the brand new WIFI's getting installed in the PC this year?
Old Mar 5, 2004, 12:43 pm

I'm sorry this really doesn't have anything to do with CO or Onepass. I am going to move it over to Omni where the discussion can be continued there.
Old Mar 5, 2004, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FB, UA 1k, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by umguy:
I'm sorry this really doesn't have anything to do with CO or Onepass. I am going to move it over to Omni where the discussion can be continued there.</font>
I apologise, I didn't even think about that. Sorry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.