Wiki Posts
Search

TSA's No-Show at IAH, Stranding COers

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2005, 6:41 am

Programs: Absolutely No Status Whatsoever
Originally Posted by BigPoppaCO
I wouldn't show up for work if I made $7.50 an hour either
I'd not show up for work and go out looting.
Old Sep 24, 2005, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by I Love Middle Seats
.......................and it has certain tax benefits too.

MisterNice
Old Sep 24, 2005, 9:17 am

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
What looting!?

Originally Posted by I Love Middle Seats
I don't think Rita was strong enough for any good looting (and I guess that's a good thing). At my side of town it was nothing more than a bad windstorm with some rain.
Old Sep 24, 2005, 4:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Thumbs down Yes, They Should Have Planned

Originally Posted by bnrdad
CO could have the most comprehensive shutdown plan ever created, but once it's employees, along with other airport support staff, place the safety of themelves and their families lives before the needs of a corporation, and begin to leave town, then what would yourecommend CO do? Huh?
Duh -I'd recommend that Continental factor the evacuation of their own employees into their shutdown plan. It was obvious for a few days prior to landfall that evacuations would occur around the IAH area. Between employees fleeing town and/or employees stuck in evacuation traffic, CO should have planned for such an obvious occurance ...and should have been a little more proactive than reactive to adjusting their flight schedules.

CO handled this whole event horribly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.