Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

CO @ EWR says no longer able to print NW boardingpasses??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2003, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HILTON PLAT

Every month for the past year I've taken the same outbound flight ... first seg CO and then two on NW codeshares. I was always able to get all three printed at EWR. Last month and then again today I was told they can no longer connect to the NW computers with their updated software?!

Last month I asked at the Pres Club and I was lucky enough to get a competent attendant who after 5 minutes of tapping away at the computer presented me with my 2 NW boarding passes. Unfortunately I didn't ask him what he had to do ... when I asked at the PC today the two women looked at me like I had two heads.

Anyone else run into this problem?
Old Nov 4, 2003, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
The other day at the EWR PC I heard the agent tell the folks ahead of me that they could basically do NOTHING with regard to NW flights. They couldn't even check the flight status, and they called the NW club to get info for the pax.
Old Nov 4, 2003, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by jspatchwork:
Every month for the past year I've taken the same outbound flight ... first seg CO and then two on NW codeshares. I was always able to get all three printed at EWR. Last month and then again today I was told they can no longer connect to the NW computers with their updated software?!

Last month I asked at the Pres Club and I was lucky enough to get a competent attendant who after 5 minutes of tapping away at the computer presented me with my 2 NW boarding passes. Unfortunately I didn't ask him what he had to do ... when I asked at the PC today the two women looked at me like I had two heads.

Anyone else run into this problem?
</font>
Yep, at RSW they could only print my BP to IAH, said I had to check in with NWA at the gate, when I asked why they said "it's NWA's fault, nothing we can do" blah blah blah...I didn't ask them to blame anyone just wondered why I had to check in with NWA (unfortunately I was on the 6:50 CO flight so the NWA counter wasn't open yet in RSW)

Old Nov 4, 2003, 7:11 am
Original Member

Location: Tucson, Southern Arizona, North America, Western Hemisphere, The Earth, a small planet in the solar system. Previously OnePass Infinite Platinum Elite, now over entitled 1K
Last Sept. I was traveling on a CO ticket with the second segment a NW operated codeshare flight. After obtaining the NW reservation code I was able to do a web check-in on NWA.com for the NW flight without any problems.

Of course CO.com, or the e-service kiosk couldn't handle it when I tried to check in for the first CO operated/ticketed flight.

I'm traveling in a couple of weeks on a CO ticketed NW operated itineary where there's been a schedule change that doesn't show up on the reservation record on CO's website.
Old Nov 4, 2003, 10:23 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1K, DL 1MM/Silver
Similar situation happened to me in TPA a couple of weeks ago. The CO agent printed my first 2 passes for my CO flights and then told me that I would have to see NW for the 3rd boarding pass.

Since there were no lines, I walked to the NW counter and explained the situation. The NW agent very kindly walked me back to CO, asked for who I believe was a manager, and that gentleman whipped up my boarding pass after typing for about 5 minutes.
Old Nov 4, 2003, 3:04 pm
dme

Programs: CO Plat, NWPlat, Marriott Gold, IC Ambassador, Starwood Gold, Delta peon, various other
As usual with CO, I guess it depends on which agent you get. I flew EWR-NRT on 11/1/03 and had a connection in NRT to a NW flight going onward. The counter agent was unhelpful in every other regard requiring a supervisor's intervention ( another story, another time) but as I was boarding the CO flight I noticed that she had printed my NW boarding passes without me having to ask.
Old Nov 4, 2003, 9:48 pm

They had no problem doing so last Monday...
Old Nov 4, 2003, 10:06 pm

Programs: DL Gold Hilton Gold
I had the opposite happen. Connecting in DTW from a NW flight to a CO flight I was told I would have to secure my CO boarding pass at the gate in Detroit.
Old Nov 4, 2003, 10:20 pm

NW/CO can print out each others' boarding cards -- heck, CO printed out a boarding card at DTW for a TP flight the next day -- but some agents are too lazy. Be advised that if NW prints out your CO boarding card, or vice versa, make sure you confirm with the operating carrier, anyway. I've had NW print out my CO boarding card, only to find out that CO didn't have me listed as checked-in. And I've had CO print out my NW card, only to find out NW didn't have me checked-in.
Old Nov 5, 2003, 4:34 pm
RW

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Watchful:
I had the opposite happen. Connecting in DTW from a NW flight to a CO flight I was told I would have to secure my CO boarding pass at the gate in Detroit.</font>
I flew from CLE-DTW-FLL last Friday, CLE-DTW was on CO and they could not print the DTW-FLL NW Flight's boarding pass in CLE. I had to wait until I got to DTW.

Fly Co to see the yanks will love that post.

Old Nov 6, 2003, 10:46 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Watchful:
I had the opposite happen. Connecting in DTW from a NW flight to a CO flight I was told I would have to secure my CO boarding pass at the gate in Detroit.</font>
got screwed by CO one time in that situation... couldnt get my connecting BP on CO to come out at DCA (was NW to DTW, connecting to CO) got off the plane and headed to the CO gate...got there 29 min before flight time and the wench had given away my FC seat! they hadnt even started boarding yet! said they could do nothing about it and put me in the back of the bus...
Old Nov 8, 2003, 9:27 pm

thezipper said "got screwed by CO one time in that situation... couldnt get my connecting BP on CO to come out at DCA (was NW to DTW, connecting to CO) got off the plane and headed to the CO gate...got there 29 min before flight time and the wench had given away my FC seat! they hadnt even started boarding yet! said they could do nothing about it and put me in the back of the bus..."

When you refer to others as "wench" maybe that's where you belong is on the BUS literally
Old Nov 8, 2003, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
They aren't "supposed" to release FC seats until 20 minutes before departure.

Anyway, everytime I've flown a combo of CO/NW on an itinerary, I've never had a problem getting boarding passes at my first check-in.
Old Nov 9, 2003, 11:09 am

Programs: CO-Plat, HH-Diamond, MR-Gold, SPG-Gold

I've never had a problem getting a BP for a NW flight as long as it's done when you first check-in.

If it isn't done then, I don't think they can print one out for you later. Also, the CO and NW segments would have to be in the same PNR.
Old Nov 9, 2003, 3:39 pm
dme

Programs: CO Plat, NWPlat, Marriott Gold, IC Ambassador, Starwood Gold, Delta peon, various other
My experience has been if I get the right agent CO will print NW boarding passes without regard to whether the flights are connected in the airline's record. The transpacific portion of my travel is usually booked seperately from my inter-Asia travel, (although I am not stopping over). Until I get to the airport and ask the agent to check my bags thru to my final destination ( not Narita),they are never on the same record and never have the same itinerary number. Of course I have only ever done this with CO to NW, NW to CO or CO to CO flights. Maybe I've just been lucky.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.