Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Should CAL Buy Out Chronic Whiners

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2003, 6:42 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mauld:
My point was more in the vein that if he were to check in on line & print out his boarding pass prior to arrival at the airport (I am assuming EUA had already occured and/or desired seat selected), & then were to get to the airport within 30 min of his flight, he should in 'theory' be allowed on board with his seat already set.
I understood his point to be that his seat was given away before he boarded, meaning he checked in at the airport.
</font>
Point was well understood (at least by me) from the outset.

But one really shouldn't have to worry if one's seat is going to be usurped at any time before check in, provided of course that one is checking in within prescribed time limits prior to departure.

Receiving the published perqs of an airline should not have to be this hard!

CO seems to be alienating a lot more people than they think they are captivating with the way they are tweaking and sneaking changes to what was formerly a pretty good system.

The changes themselves being disagreeable is one thing; the way CO is going about implementing them (smoke and mirrors) puts it into an entirely different context.
Old Oct 9, 2003, 6:56 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by channa:
Ok, I'll bite. It is a pet peeve of mine to push back early from a hub. I don't care so much from an outstation like MDW, but when they're pushing back 5-10 minutes early in IAH when there are delayed incoming flights, it just doesn't seem right.</font>
It's been my experience with both NW and CO that they won't push back early if there are delayed connections. In fact, with delayed connections, I've often seen them delay the pushback up to 10 minutes (as long as they're out within 15 they're "on time"). If everyone's boarded, then I'd rather push back 10 mins early, and therefore get off the tuna can 10 minutes faster at my destination....
Old Oct 10, 2003, 1:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally posted by Vulcan:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">My requirements are simple. In return for my money, all I want to know the rules, all of them, in writing. If they change the rules, just put it in writing. I can live with any rules; I can't live with "trust us".

. * . * . * .

We fly only NW now (100% upgraded). If CO wants our business back is it really too much to ask to simply post the rules??? </font>
Bingo.

EUA and HoKeY alike.

Old Oct 10, 2003, 4:51 am

Is it something in Houston's drinking water that leads to a chronic aversion to transparency in ways of doing business?

Or is it just a coincidence that both Continental and Enron are/were headquartered there?
Old Oct 10, 2003, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Is it something in Houston's drinking water that leads to a chronic aversion to transparency in ways of doing business?

Or is it just a coincidence that both Continental and Enron are/were headquartered there?</font>
Yeah. I think that, or they all belong to the same Country Club and sit around the bar after their 18 holes bragging and trying to "one-up" about how they think are getting away with screwing their customers. You know, something like:

"Ha! Bernie...you think that's a good one? Wait 'til 'ya hear what we did! Go ahead. Tell 'em Gordo!"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.