Pay to keep status offers?

Old Feb 21, 03, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Pay to keep status offers?

Hi Folks,

I was wondering if anyone received any "pay to keep your status" offers from CO yet this year?

I had seen this posted around last year at this time when folks were paying to maintain GOLD and PLAT when they didn't make it for the qualifying year.

I missed mainatining my status by about 8k and wanted to see if they were offering anything...

THX - JR

Please, no flames about earning status or diluting the booze with water... THX
Old Feb 22, 03, 6:54 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, SPG Gold
Same situation for me, didn't receive a buy up offer...

Maybe they feel more content with giving Elite away for free with an AT&T calling card? :P
Old Feb 22, 03, 9:21 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by aislesonly:
Hi Folks,

I was wondering if anyone received any "pay to keep your status" offers from CO yet this year?

I had seen this posted around last year at this time when folks were paying to maintain GOLD and PLAT when they didn't make it for the qualifying year.

I missed mainatining my status by about 8k and wanted to see if they were offering anything...

THX - JR

Please, no flames about earning status or diluting the booze with water... THX
</font>
As I previously posted, my girlfriend was a gold last year (2002) and flew around 10k last year-all T fares. CO apparently decided to extended her another year-Silver. A very random experience.
Old Feb 22, 03, 9:33 pm
Original Member

Location: Tucson, Southern Arizona, North America, Western Hemisphere, The Earth, a small planet in the solar system. Previously OnePass Infinite Platinum Elite, now over entitled 1K
Your chances of getting one of these offers is a lot greater if you fly out of an airport where Continental is not the dominant airline.
Old Feb 23, 03, 12:07 am

Programs: SPG Gold, AA Lifetime Platinum, UA Platinum, DL Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Old Gold:
Your chances of getting one of these offers is a lot greater if you fly out of an airport where Continental is not the dominant airline. </font>
In years past, I think they've offered the pay-to-keep-status offers across the board. I know people in IAH that have gotten them in the past.

Old Feb 23, 03, 2:16 am

Programs: BW Diamond, Choice Plat, National Exec Elite
I went from Plat to Silver on higher than T fares, got no offer. Same w/ Mrs. Duxfan, who dropped from Silver to dirt. I musta flown NW too much! Sorry Gordo, I don't do your long haul JungleJets!
Old Aug 15, 03, 4:56 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Out of curiosity, has anyone seen one of these offers lately?

Old Aug 15, 03, 5:13 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by AndrewNYC:
Same situation for me, didn't receive a buy up offer...

Maybe they feel more content with giving Elite away for free with an AT&T calling card? :P
</font>
Hey, do they still have that offer?!

Search this Thread