Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Continental Airlines to Add Service Fee for City Ticket Office Transactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Continental Airlines to Add Service Fee for City Ticket Office Transactions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2004, 10:05 am

Upsidedown Economics

This is another case of Upsidedown economics. Example:

I live south of Houston and work downtown. I had an international Business Class partner rewards flight last month. I made the miles reservation & was ticketed 9 months in advance. In March, I was informed by CO that some flights were changed and I needed to be reticketed. I used the downtown CTO without problem.

Would I have been charged $10 to use a CTO because CO rejiggered it's schedule?

Two weeks before the trip, I learned of a 2nd flight number change (4 weeks after it occured -- CO didn't tell me. I found out when I called to confirm arrangements). I had a business trip scheduled so was going to IAH anyway. I went to the International Elite check-in counter to get the new tickets. Problem: no one there know how to deal with future ticketing! It took 30 minutes to find someone who was willing to try, plus another 45 minutes of her on the phone to "Operations" to be walked through the steps. So, it took CO well over $100 of their employees' time for what a CTO employee could have done in 5 minutes.
Old Jun 11, 2004, 12:44 pm

Programs: BW Diamond, Choice Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by JeremyZ
It's a convenience fee. If you don't wanna pay it, go to the airport.

Just a matter of time before you get the charge at the airport, too.

CO is just jealous that eliminating travel agent commissions didn't get customers to book direct. Can you just imagine Gordo? "D$@n, those Q fare customers will actually pay a fee to a travel agent and avoid our award winning website! We must get a cut of that!"
Old Jun 15, 2004, 7:45 am

Programs: UA-2P, Hyatt-Plat, SPG-Gold, Marriott-Silver, Delta-Boycott
Talking Love the Tampa CTO

I really appreciate the Tampa CTO.

They closed the Orlando office I think sometime last year and moved everything down to tampa.

I can tell you that these gals are the best. They never charge me $10 and they will do anything to take care of you if they can.

These are the people who took care of everything when they matched my elite status into CO last year. They took care of everything and I have flown almost 100K with them since.

I have even booked a few times with them instead of the web, despite the fact that it cost me some miles, jsut because of their superior customer service. Plus if you book with them you get full EQM for any fare class.

They also help me with seats in the exit aisle. Very important if I do not get an upgrade.

Tampa is too far to go to on a trip just to visit them and I have done EVERYTHING with them on the phone.

They are the best, I have let HQ know that I think that as well.

J
Old Jun 15, 2004, 8:23 am

Full EQM when booking at CTO?? How do you get this?

Originally Posted by jasonlaser
I really appreciate the Tampa CTO.

I have even booked a few times with them instead of the web, despite the fact that it cost me some miles, jsut because of their superior customer service. Plus if you book with them you get full EQM for any fare class.

J
How do you get full EQM when booking at a CTO? I thought you only got full EQM (certainly for the lowest priced tix) by booking at CO.com. I love using the Ft. Lauderdale CTO, but I had to stop this year when CO implemented the ridiculous new regs requiring use of the website.

Please explain how to get full EQM using a CTO.
Thx
socref

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.