Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AT&T Complimentary OnePass Silver Elite

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2003, 1:43 pm

$5,000 is a joke, we have already seen Silver can be earned for about $400-$450 on a "great" mileage run.
Old Jan 30, 2003, 7:03 pm

it's interesting in that it does not appear to be a one-time comp and that you can retain your status year after year as long as you are a customer of this AT&T plan
Old Jan 30, 2003, 8:01 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by SouthAustinDon:
Silver elite status can also be purchased on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=3253
</font>
At least this is for charity...

Old Jan 30, 2003, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally posted by snake:
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">They gotta get new elites to work up through the system to replace all of the Platinums who have "graduated" and moved on.</font>
Count me among the CO Plat alums. I'm burning my OnePass miles to get to NRT, thence to UA. When I travel the "short" CO segments for work, the miles go to NW.
Old Jan 31, 2003, 4:34 am
ATC
Original Poster

Location: Boston, Freefall: Chairman's Preferred -->Steerage Status
The fine print limits the elite status to one year. After that, it has to be earned.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by kishna:
it's interesting in that it does not appear to be a one-time comp and that you can retain your status year after year as long as you are a customer of this AT&T plan</font>
Old Jan 31, 2003, 6:57 pm
Suspended

Can you please post the info (800 number, promo code, etc.)? I know it's probably targeted, but I'd like to try to sign my fiancee up for it. That would keep them from splitting us up via EUA! Thanks.
Old Feb 3, 2003, 3:57 pm

the silver pass went for $1,025.00 !
Old Feb 3, 2003, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta Platinum, HHonors Diamond, PC Platinum
Did anybody take up CO on this promotion? How long does the Silver take to be reflected?

My wife received one of these offers. She regularly hits 15 - 20,000 NW/CO miles per year but would never do the MR to make Silver. She was thinking seriously about BOS SIN for $305, however. The offer would really make sense for her especially since the Sprint/NW partnership is no longer there and she sees the value of being elite.

Well I hope I don't get flamed too badly by the CO board for her considering the offer. I certainly understand losing upgrades to comps. It is no fun. Thanks.
Old Feb 4, 2003, 9:44 pm

Anyone have any more info on this - I might be interested in taking advantage...
Old Feb 4, 2003, 10:01 pm
Original Member

Programs: United Premier 1K, American AAdvantage Gold
They have always done these, usually partial year in the third and fourth quarters. I got one two years ago at a different home I have. They were not aware I already held status. It's a place where I don't have a lot of mail sent, so by process of elimination, I was able to figure out it came from a list likely supplied by Avis. I subsequently got another one (Silver offer), which I finally decided came from an OAG supplied list. When they aren't openly using a co-promote like AT&T, they are buying names from entities who deal with heavy users of travel and lodging (which kind of makes sense).
Old Apr 10, 2003, 3:38 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by OB one:
Did anybody take up CO on this promotion? How long does the Silver take to be reflected? </font>
Well, my fiancee appears to have made Silver Elite - so I guess it worked! Took about 2 months. I can't seem to find the promo code that I used - does anyone still have it? A friend is trying to do the same. Thanks!

JHO
Old Apr 10, 2003, 4:10 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA Platinum, AS, UA, DL, HHonors Gold, Marriott LTP, Hyatt, IHG Platinum
Promo could be useful for those who don't bother with CO any more, but still have a large balance of (worthless) CO miles. Get the status, redeem a few awards since availability as elite is reportedly better, then change service back to something more economical than AT&T.
Old Apr 10, 2003, 4:22 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MileKing:
Promo could be useful for those who don't bother with CO any more, but still have a large balance of (worthless) CO miles. Get the status, redeem a few awards since availability as elite is reportedly better, then change service back to something more economical than AT&T.</font>
i thought the real bump up in award availability was for platinum. i didn't realize there was any bump for gold when it came to award availability.
Old Apr 11, 2003, 1:39 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
I guess the good news is that, so long as they do this (and in my view, no status on any airline is compensation enough to have to put up with AT&T), they're unlikely to be planning to streamline their Elite accrual rules with Delta's anytime soon. The step between giving it away for zero miles and requiring 50,000 miles of discounted coach fares seems a bit steep...
Old Apr 11, 2003, 9:02 am

Programs: United GS, HHonors Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by fly co to see the yanks:
i thought the real bump up in award availability was for platinum. i didn't realize there was any bump for gold when it came to award availability.</font>
There is a jump in award availability for all tiers of elites. I'm silver and I've seen it myself doing searches without loggin in, and doing the same search logging in.

Sorry - bit off subject for this thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.