Community
Wiki Posts
Search

breakfast in F IAH-BOS?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2005, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

breakfast in F IAH-BOS?

I'm hoping a wise FTer here will know the answer- does anyone know what is being served in F for breakfast from IAH to BOS these days? I have a tight connection from the SEA red eye in IAH tomorrow, and so I'll need to either pack something for my breakfast on my connecting flight IAH to BOS, or eat what they're serving.

I've been upgraded already ( ) so I'm hoping that I stand a chance of getting something decent to eat. I've had a lot of transcon F breakfasts, so how does the half-transcon breakfast compare? This is a 4 hour flight, so I'm hoping that they'll serve something more than cold cereal and bananas. Or should I pack a bagel and fruit salad in my bag?
Old Jul 6, 2005, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO 1K-MM
somtimes there is a little omelette thingy and they come around wtih sticky buns (yum)

and of course, hot cookies!
Old Jul 6, 2005, 5:32 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Not flown IAH-BOS, but all CO F breakfast menus are the same.

- Fruit plate (very good) followed by choice of hot or cold meal.
- Hot meal is eggs (omelett) with potatoes and meat (bacon / sausage).
- Cold meal is cereal and banana and sometimes yogurt.
- Roll is choice of croissant or sticky bun. Butter and jam on the tray.

On a 12 seat F class aircraft - they have 8 hot meals and 4 cold meals.
More than enough food for breakfast.

Last edited by cova; Jul 6, 2005 at 5:35 pm
Old Jul 6, 2005, 6:49 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: CO OnePass Plat and SPG - Plat, Marriott Plat (don't use -it's a comp), AmericaWest CP
Originally Posted by entropy
somtimes there is a little omelette thingy and they come around wtih sticky buns (yum)

and of course, hot cookies!
Those powder eggs are the only eggs I eat, maybe it's because they are bland and have no taste and I hate eggs.

I did have a very enthusiast FA once call them "Egg Frittata"

On longer flights (ewr-phx) I've been offered over cooked pancakes...

-Vincent
Old Jul 7, 2005, 6:58 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, LH Senator, VA Velocity Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond
I flew this route last week for breakfast in F class. They served an english muffin with egg, ham and cheese on it with a side of salsa, a cup of grapes, 2 strawberries, and a wedge of melon, and of course coffee, etc.. The other selection was Special K cereal instead of the sandwich. I had the sandwich and it was pretty tasty.
Old Jul 7, 2005, 10:21 am

Programs: CO Plat, AA Gold, UA Premier, Hertz #1 Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Loews Gold, Marriott Gold, etc. etc. etc
Just FYI, all domestic non-transcon F meals are catered 60% hot/40% cold, generally accepted airline catering standard.
Old Jul 7, 2005, 10:43 am
In Memoriam

Programs: CO OnePass Plat and SPG - Plat, Marriott Plat (don't use -it's a comp), AmericaWest CP
Originally Posted by CODC10
Just FYI, all domestic non-transcon F meals are catered 60% hot/40% cold, generally accepted airline catering standard.

Whats the % for transcon or almost transcon?
(I usually get my choice - I do love the minorly soggy french toast)

-Vincent

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.