First time upgrades?

 
Old Feb 2, 03, 3:50 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5
First time upgrades?

Just wondering since I just hit silver elite how easy it would be to get upgraded on a flight to Raleigh out of Cleveland? Is it possible to get upgraded without using miles? Also I will be flying a codeshare flight with Northwest on the second leg of this trip and wondering the same for them.
klamb is offline  
Old Feb 2, 03, 4:18 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: KAVL/Jack of Daniel
Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT, DL DM 2MM, MC PLT Emeritus/PLT Premier, SPG LT PLT, IHG PLT, IHG PLT, ZE PC
Posts: 1,562
Don't hold your breath on the CLE-RDU. Even if you were Gold, Plat or Gordo, you'd never get upgraded on CO. It looks like a pure junglejet market.

As for the NW segment you mention, you fail to say where to, what day, what time. Hard telling without at least some of those details.

Sorry there's not better news, but welcome to FT!

------------------
Not sure where I'm going, but I'm getting there fast.
bonzaiflyer is offline  
Old Feb 2, 03, 4:54 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5
I apologize I would be flying from Raleigh to Detroit then onto Cleveland this week and the following Cleveland->Detroit->Greensboro
klamb is offline  
Old Feb 2, 03, 6:16 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: DL-PM
Posts: 864
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bonzaiflyer:
Don't hold your breath on the CLE-RDU. Even if you were Gold, Plat or Gordo, you'd never get upgraded on CO. It looks like a pure junglejet market.

As for the NW segment you mention, you fail to say where to, what day, what time. Hard telling without at least some of those details.

Sorry there's not better news, but welcome to FT!

</font>
Or, as the CO marketing folks recently announced, "for quite an unlimited time, fly to/from CLE on any fare and you'll be upgraded to our corporate style RJs where everyone is in first. Act soon."
H53Epilot is offline  
Old Feb 3, 03, 7:43 am
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Posts: 13,747
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by klamb:
I apologize I would be flying from Raleigh to Detroit then onto Cleveland this week and the following Cleveland-&gt;Detroit-&gt;Greensboro</font>
Then it's actually a NWA flight...so your chances should be great
socrates is offline  
Old Feb 3, 03, 7:52 am
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 5
Since it is NWA is there anything I need to do to help get the upgrade?
klamb is offline  
Old Feb 3, 03, 8:39 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Posts: 5,399
How are the chances for a CO Gold on FLL-Detroit ?
peter42 is offline  
Old Feb 3, 03, 8:53 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Southwest Desert, under a rock, watch out! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<" You can get there, but it's gonna cost you!
Programs: Previously NonePass®, now UA 1K (*Enhanced*)
Posts: 4,241
"How are the chances for a CO Gold on FLL-Detroit ?"

It depends.....
snake is offline  
Old Feb 3, 03, 9:24 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Posts: 5,399
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by snake:
"How are the chances for a CO Gold on FLL-Detroit ?"

It depends.....
</font>

On what ?
peter42 is offline  
Old Feb 3, 03, 11:02 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Southwest Desert, under a rock, watch out! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<" You can get there, but it's gonna cost you!
Programs: Previously NonePass®, now UA 1K (*Enhanced*)
Posts: 4,241
peter42 asks: "On what ?"

Little things like time of day or day of week. An early Sunday morning flight might be wide open but the next morning be full of elite business travelers.
snake is offline  
Old Feb 3, 03, 12:09 pm
  #11  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Posts: 13,747
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by snake:
peter42 asks: "On what ?"

Little things like time of day or day of week. An early Sunday morning flight might be wide open but the next morning be full of elite business travelers.
</font>
Great Points but I'd just add: Because NWA has more First Class seats available your chances versus CO operated flights is much greater......I'd think you're chances are overall pretty good
socrates is offline  
Old Feb 3, 03, 12:15 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Singapore
Posts: 234
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by H53Epilot:
Or, as the CO marketing folks recently announced, "for quite an unlimited time, fly to/from CLE on any fare and you'll be upgraded to our corporate style RJs where everyone is in first. Act soon." </font>
HAH! This happened to me recently - I was upgradeing my Dad from RDU-LAS. Origionally when I call for the upgrade the agent said that the first leg (and RJ) everyone is in first so that didn't matter but she could upgrade the second - WAIT A MINUTE - *everyone* is in first? I bit of inquiry and she tell me its an RJ - Thank to FLYERTALK - I knew this not to be true, changed his routing though IAH and got an honest first class.
Mopti is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread