First time upgrades?

Old Feb 2, 03, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

First time upgrades?

Just wondering since I just hit silver elite how easy it would be to get upgraded on a flight to Raleigh out of Cleveland? Is it possible to get upgraded without using miles? Also I will be flying a codeshare flight with Northwest on the second leg of this trip and wondering the same for them.
Old Feb 2, 03, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT, DL DM 2MM, MC PLT Emeritus/PLT Premier, SPG LT PLT, IHG PLT, IHG PLT, ZE PC
Don't hold your breath on the CLE-RDU. Even if you were Gold, Plat or Gordo, you'd never get upgraded on CO. It looks like a pure junglejet market.

As for the NW segment you mention, you fail to say where to, what day, what time. Hard telling without at least some of those details.

Sorry there's not better news, but welcome to FT!

------------------
Not sure where I'm going, but I'm getting there fast.
Old Feb 2, 03, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

I apologize I would be flying from Raleigh to Detroit then onto Cleveland this week and the following Cleveland->Detroit->Greensboro
Old Feb 2, 03, 6:16 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bonzaiflyer:
Don't hold your breath on the CLE-RDU. Even if you were Gold, Plat or Gordo, you'd never get upgraded on CO. It looks like a pure junglejet market.

As for the NW segment you mention, you fail to say where to, what day, what time. Hard telling without at least some of those details.

Sorry there's not better news, but welcome to FT!

</font>
Or, as the CO marketing folks recently announced, "for quite an unlimited time, fly to/from CLE on any fare and you'll be upgraded to our corporate style RJs where everyone is in first. Act soon."
Old Feb 3, 03, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by klamb:
I apologize I would be flying from Raleigh to Detroit then onto Cleveland this week and the following Cleveland-&gt;Detroit-&gt;Greensboro</font>
Then it's actually a NWA flight...so your chances should be great
Old Feb 3, 03, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Since it is NWA is there anything I need to do to help get the upgrade?
Old Feb 3, 03, 8:39 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
How are the chances for a CO Gold on FLL-Detroit ?
Old Feb 3, 03, 8:53 am

Location: Southwest Desert, under a rock, watch out! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<" You can get there, but it's gonna cost you!
Programs: Previously NonePass®, now UA 1K (*Enhanced*)
"How are the chances for a CO Gold on FLL-Detroit ?"

It depends.....
Old Feb 3, 03, 9:24 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by snake:
"How are the chances for a CO Gold on FLL-Detroit ?"

It depends.....
</font>

On what ?
Old Feb 3, 03, 11:02 am

Location: Southwest Desert, under a rock, watch out! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~<" You can get there, but it's gonna cost you!
Programs: Previously NonePass®, now UA 1K (*Enhanced*)
peter42 asks: "On what ?"

Little things like time of day or day of week. An early Sunday morning flight might be wide open but the next morning be full of elite business travelers.
Old Feb 3, 03, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by snake:
peter42 asks: "On what ?"

Little things like time of day or day of week. An early Sunday morning flight might be wide open but the next morning be full of elite business travelers.
</font>
Great Points but I'd just add: Because NWA has more First Class seats available your chances versus CO operated flights is much greater......I'd think you're chances are overall pretty good
Old Feb 3, 03, 12:15 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by H53Epilot:
Or, as the CO marketing folks recently announced, "for quite an unlimited time, fly to/from CLE on any fare and you'll be upgraded to our corporate style RJs where everyone is in first. Act soon." </font>
HAH! This happened to me recently - I was upgradeing my Dad from RDU-LAS. Origionally when I call for the upgrade the agent said that the first leg (and RJ) everyone is in first so that didn't matter but she could upgrade the second - WAIT A MINUTE - *everyone* is in first? I bit of inquiry and she tell me its an RJ - Thank to FLYERTALK - I knew this not to be true, changed his routing though IAH and got an honest first class.

Search this Thread