Wiki Posts
Search

Ever lose an EUA?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2002, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Million-Miler
Ever lose an EUA?

On 10/28 I was supposed to be upgraded on my flight from SAN to IAH.I hadreceived an EUA 5 days in advance. When I got to the aiport and checked in 1 and 1/2 hour prior to the flight. Somehow the upgrade was lost at checkin. It had been there but no more. I had to ride in the back of the bus. What really twisted the knife was F was in a BF configuration. They gave me a coupon for a positive space upgrade, but they are almost useless to a plat. This ever happen to any one else. We Care2 basically said "stuff happens."
Old Nov 4, 2002, 4:51 pm

Programs: CO Silver
I assume this was because of an equipment swap from the 757 Domestic (24 F seats) to 757 International (16 F seats). If so, there were 8 other people in the same boat. Nothing personal.

What was your original seat assignment? I'd be curious to know if they downgraded you because you were seated in rows 5-6 or if they have some other algorithm.

[This message has been edited by IAH_FLYER (edited 11-04-2002).]
Old Nov 4, 2002, 7:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
I lost an EUA once. 757 downgrade to 737. Almost got bumped on the 737 since it was oversold after they had sold the flight for a 757.

[This message has been edited by channa (edited 11-04-2002).]
Old Nov 4, 2002, 8:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Lurch:
They gave me a coupon for a positive space upgrade, but they are almost useless to a plat.</font>
Do positive space upgrade coupons allow you to upgrade into the A bucket or just the F? I've never had such a thing.

If it's the A bucket, than I'm sure you could find some use for it (e.g. EWR-SFO).
Old Nov 4, 2002, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I lost an EUA when the 7am SFO-&gt;EWR flight was cancelled due to "weather" and they crammed the pax into the 9:30am or so departure. I went from a seat in F to a packed middle seat in the back. Blech!
Old Nov 5, 2002, 12:41 am
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
These coupons go into F avail NOT A

------------------
Viele Grüße

Oliver
Old Nov 5, 2002, 6:38 am

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Are EUA's typically protected?

The few times I've been EUA's and volunteered to either be bumped or standby for an earlier flight, they would always put me in F class on that other flight.

I was recently bumped on a LAX-EWR flight in Q class that I was EUA'd on and rebooked in F on a later flight.

I'd assume once the F boarding pass is issued, CO must provide you with an F seat. (Then again, I've learned from this board that nothing can be assumed from CO.)
Old Nov 5, 2002, 6:46 am

It happened to me recently on a mixed AC/CO itinerary on a CO e-ticket. I was EUA'd on all CO flights. Outbound went without incident. On the return (YQM-AC-YYZ-CO-EWR-CO-MCI), I checked in as normal with the AC staff and noticed that both CO segments were in coach. I called CO customer service who could not satisfactorily explain the situation (of course F was no longer available when I called). They claimed that there was an "equipment change" (on both segments?). In the end it did not matter as it took 90 (!) minutes for my checked luggage to make it from the AC terminal in YYZ to the CO terminal (the luggage folks acted like this was routine???), so I missed my flights anyway and got rerouted through IAH where F was available.

This is the only time in nearly 2 years of EUA that I lost an upgrade.

[This message has been edited by happymob (edited 11-05-2002).]
Old Nov 5, 2002, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA1K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Million-Miler
The loss of an F seat from the EUA was not because of equipment change. When I got the EUA 5 days before the flight, I was assigned 3F In looking at the seat map there were only 16 seats in F which meant a BF configuration.
Old Nov 6, 2002, 11:56 am

Programs: DL GM, UA 1P, AA GLD
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by channa:
I lost an EUA once. 757 downgrade to 737. Almost got bumped on the 737 since it was oversold after they had sold the flight for a 757.
</font>
I've had a surprise equ upgrade from a domestic 757 to an international 777 for rerouting. that was nice.
Old Nov 6, 2002, 2:53 pm

I lost one a few months ago on a EWR-SAT leg of a SAT-LGW run. The EUA cleared while I was in the air between LGW & EWR (didn't know it at the time). I should have been suspicious because when I checked in at the gate my assigned seat had become "unassigned". I ended up in a non-reclining exit row whilst the lovely folks at EWR apparently gave my FC seat to someone else. I found an EUA email when I got home the next day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.