Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thank you, Continental - AUS-BOG

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2002, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Thank you, Continental - AUS-BOG

Thank you, Continental, for routing 883 from Austin. I can now get on the plane in Austin and not have to move until I get to Colombia. The simple things in life...
Old Oct 10, 2002, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Now if I could only get an upgrade from a 35,000 mile reward. :-)
Old Oct 10, 2002, 2:03 pm

Go Gordo! Go Gordo! Yeah!

What other airline offers 1-stop service from Austin to Bogota? Huh?

Another CO Enhancement.

(Boy, I can't wait until we get those 1-stop flights from Atlanta to Burlington, VT on a Junglejet via CLE!)
Old Oct 10, 2002, 3:58 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, SPG Gold
Ssshhh ...don't cheer too hard they might hear you in Houston and change the routing...

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ColombianoNtx:
Thank you, Continental, for routing 883 from Austin. I can now get on the plane in Austin and not have to move until I get to Colombia. The simple things in life...</font>
Old Oct 10, 2002, 4:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G
Don't you still have to get off the aircraft in IAH for cleaning, catering, and safety checks?
Old Oct 10, 2002, 4:45 pm

Programs: CO Silver
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ColombianoNtx:
Thank you, Continental, for routing 883 from Austin. I can now get on the plane in Austin and not have to move until I get to Colombia. The simple things in life...</font>
Actually, if there is a change of crew in IAH, you'll have to leave the plane. Since IAH-BOG is a long-ish flight, that's probably what will happen.
Old Oct 10, 2002, 9:34 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold

Thanks for this thread which adds so much value to FlyerTalk!
Old Oct 11, 2002, 5:19 am

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Col.,

Dont pay attention to the usual clan of folks who love to reply to say something negative.

That info is actially useful to me...thx.

-DR
Old Oct 11, 2002, 6:06 am
Original Member

Thanks for the very positive post.

------------------
"The Eyes of Texas Are Upon You"
Old Oct 11, 2002, 6:16 am
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by TransWorldOne:

Thanks for this thread which adds so much value to FlyerTalk!
</font>
i think this thread is relevant.

Old Oct 11, 2002, 7:23 am

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT, DL DM 2MM, MC LT Titanium, IHG Spire, HY Glbist
Well, on 10/10, 883 AUS-IAH was ship 750 arriving IAH at gate C23, then 883 IAH-BOG departed from D-6 on ship 730.

So, don't count on your direct flight always being on the same piece of metal.

------------------
Not sure where I'm going, but I'm getting there fast.
Old Oct 24, 2002, 6:10 pm
Original Poster

So, you were right about having to change planes and such... It was still exciting to see "Bogota, Colombia" when boarding the plane in Austin. It makes me feel that Austin's becoming a bit more "international". Funny note: There were 6 people, other than me, that made the connection back to Austin on the 15th. I didn't realize that there were others making the AUS-BOG-AUS commute.

And yes, I think "Thank you, Continental" is perfectly relevant. I'm getting close to "hanging in the keyboard" myself due to so many negative posts. :-)

Safe Travels, all!
Old Oct 24, 2002, 9:59 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage EXP/1mm/Admirals,United Silver+Club (life),Marriott Titanium,Hilton & Accor Gold
Old Oct 24, 2002, 10:49 pm

I am a flight attendant with Continental, and I can assure you that you will have to get off of the plane in Houston. As Bogata is considered an international flight the aircraft will undergo an extensive security check. A positive note though if you do not like your seat you can check again with the gate agent to see if the bulkhead or exit row is available while you are waiting in Houston.
Old Oct 25, 2002, 7:57 am
Original Member

Welcome to FlyerTalk, BeautyMark.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.