Wiki Posts
Search

Cool Pilot

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2005, 7:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO Platinum
Cool Pilot

I was on a red-eye from LAX-EWR, not that long (6-8 mos) after Sep.11 and seated in FC on a 757 (remember the good old days when your Plat UG was money in the bank?) and after everyone was boarded the Head Pilot came out and proceeded to give all in FC a geography quiz.

It was definitely the coolest thing, to this day that I've ever seen a pilot do (aside from landing planes in 50 mph crosswinds at LGA...of course). This gentleman had 24 adults raising thier hands like school kids to answer the questions!!

I tried to remember his name ... but as being a red-eye.....

Does anybody remember this HP? Or more interestingly did anybody else have this experience? I didn't get the feeling it was a spur of the moment act.

Any other Cool Pilot stories??
Old Apr 29, 2005, 9:41 pm

I guess I'm anal, but PIC (Pilot-in-Command) is a less confusing abbreviation for Pilot than HP.
Old Apr 29, 2005, 9:56 pm

A few years ago I was travelling IAH-EWR on a DC-10 and the pilot came out and did the same thing. Don't know if it was the same pilot; this happened in 2000 (I think) and the pilot looked to be in his late 50's. Needless to say, all of us in the BF section were thrilled with this person.
Old Apr 30, 2005, 6:38 am

I dont remember the plane but I had a pilot come to first and quize us on geography. It was good pre-flight entertainment, very funny.
Old Apr 30, 2005, 10:32 am

Of course the real question is did he know his geography. After all he's the pilot!
Old May 1, 2005, 6:02 pm

Had a lot of questions the neither me or the person traveling with me could answer so either he's really good at geography or bs'ng...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.