Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gordon's Galley

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2002, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/*G
Do you have to be an employee to eat at Gordo's?

------------------
daniel baker -- [email protected]
Reliable, fast, and unmoderated forums at ITYT.
Old Mar 11, 2002, 7:37 pm
Suspended

what happens when gordo retires? are they going to change the name of the galley? maybe it won't even be a gallye anymore if they have to get it to rhyme with another name.
Old Mar 11, 2002, 8:13 pm

Yeah, you have to show your CO PHOTO ID to the cashier. There's no checkpoint to get down there - just a sign that says "EMPLOYEES ONLY". I suppose on could sneak a peek by pretending they stepped on the wrong elevator, but you wouldn't be able to buy any food or beverage.
Old Aug 13, 2005, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
A poster -- apparently not liking the answers he found here -- has seen fit to start a duplicate thread on this topic.

See Gordon's Galley Redux
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=461057

Perhaps a helpful moderator could merge that thread into this one? @:-)
Old Aug 13, 2005, 8:04 am

Programs: UA 1k, UA MM, MB Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat (ha ha), Hertz Pres, etc.
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
A poster -- apparently not liking the answers he found here -- has seen fit to start a duplicate thread on this topic.

See Gordon's Galley Redux

Perhaps a helpful moderator could merge that thread into this one? @:-)
Gee, thanks for the vote of confidence SPN. For whatever reason, I could not get this to come-up in a search. And, I'm glad I did start a new thread, because the info posted in this thread wasn't accurate anyway (I've never, ever been ID'd by a cashier and it appears that it is open to the public). So...you are right in a sense. I wouldn't have like the answer if I had seen it.
Old Aug 13, 2005, 8:06 am

Programs: UA 1k, UA MM, MB Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat (ha ha), Hertz Pres, etc.
Originally Posted by NonRev99
Yeah, you have to show your CO PHOTO ID to the cashier. There's no checkpoint to get down there - just a sign that says "EMPLOYEES ONLY". I suppose on could sneak a peek by pretending they stepped on the wrong elevator, but you wouldn't be able to buy any food or beverage.
As SPN says above, see the other thread - you'll get a different answer...You can see I'm like a dog with a bone on this!

Besides, the other thread is fairly amusing...
Old Aug 14, 2005, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Beginning of Post #1 in the duplicate thread:
Originally Posted by AustinBear
Okay, so I saw a thread on this, but it was 3 years old.
Gee, thanks for the vote of confidence SPN.
Well you did say you'd seen the other thread. I found it with a simple search of this forum for "Gordon's Galley".
For whatever reason, I could not get this to come-up in a search.
That's quite another matter. Trying unsuccessfully is much less culpable, if at all, than being too lazy to search, or than selfishly disrespecting and devaluing the time of one's fellow FlyerTalkers by contributing to a proliferation of multiple threads on the same topic.
You can see I'm like a dog with a bone on this!
Me, too! I am the same about being courteous to our fellow members of this community by not thoughtlessly wasting their time with multiplicious threads, and not arrogantly defending those who do.

You obviously don't fit into these categories, so as you said in your duplicate thread, it's no big deal.

But please do your best to follow the rules -- procedures that help all of us -- and things will go smoother all around. Believe it or not, you would have gotten the same viewership and positive response to your ideas had you made your post where it should have been.

Thank you for taking the time to bump this issue. It has been most enlightening and informative.
Old Aug 14, 2005, 8:36 am

Programs: CO Plat, Mariott Plat, National Exec. Elite, Hilton plywood elite, P-Club!
And When You Become a Moderator...

...it will be your resonsibility.

Fat chance of that.
Old Sep 29, 2006, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There seems to be a resurgence of interest in this topic.

Anyone been down there lately?
Old Sep 29, 2006, 10:46 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NW Plat(x2), BMI Gold, IC Ambassador, etc

No, but I have no reason to
Old Sep 30, 2006, 9:35 am

Programs: I fly UA, drive Hertz and sleep around...

By whom? And why?
Old Sep 30, 2006, 10:54 am

Programs: Starwood Residences Owner, AA 1MM, MP Gold, Avis-Hertz PC, Ritz Gold
Originally Posted by CateyBeth
By whom? And why?
Weird...a mod must have removed the post because there was one from a British guy (forgot his handle) yesterday asking if the cafeteria was still open.
Old Sep 30, 2006, 11:28 am

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Secret Diner Under EWR Terminal C

A few years ago, some CO employees took me underneath the gate area (not sure if it was the 70's-90's gate are or the 101-115 area) a few times to a diner-like place that was only open to CO employees.

They served up great hot food to go for next to no money --I remember having an omlette with peppers/onions/cheese/bacon along with buttered toast/jelly and a side of bacon for $4 one breakfast --sure beats paying significantly more for some of the fast food options on the passenger level.

Is that place still there? And are there other employee-only venues within CO territory at EWR or IAH?
Old Sep 30, 2006, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CateyBeth
By whom? And why?
Well, as noted in the post immediately above, the price is certainly right!

These are some of those "good deals" best left to those "in the know" on FlyerTalk. Writing letters to Smith Street asking for written confirmation of eligibility for use could result in cancellation of access.

Don't ask, don't tell.
Old Oct 13, 2006, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So has anyone been down to Gordon's Galley lately?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.