Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PEK is loaded and available

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2005, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
PEK is loaded and available

As of overnight, these flights are available, including award seats. I was able to get 2 BF Standard Award seats over Labor Day.

Act now if you want to visit.
Old Apr 2, 2005, 7:22 am
In Memoriam

Programs: CO OnePass Plat and SPG - Plat, Marriott Plat (don't use -it's a comp), AmericaWest CP
I already booked :-)

-Vincent
Old Apr 2, 2005, 7:51 am

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Expensive

Looks like $4,755 for discounted BF ...$3,131 for full-Y and $2,000 for discounted Y.

7102 base EQM's each way.
Old Apr 2, 2005, 8:48 am
In Memoriam

Programs: CO OnePass Plat and SPG - Plat, Marriott Plat (don't use -it's a comp), AmericaWest CP
Originally Posted by Weatherboy
Looks like $4,755 for discounted BF ...$3,131 for full-Y and $2,000 for discounted Y.

Happy Birthday to me ... Happy Birthday to me! LOL

-Vincent (picked up the H fare)
Old Apr 2, 2005, 2:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

ex-pek, the fares seem to be pretty much identical to what's usually on offer at united.com and nwa.com. as a general rule, i never book over the the airlines directly unless specials are on offer (like the y2200 to pdx deal). only travel agents have access to lots of the cheaper fares.

somewhat off-topic, china is still not an acceptable billing country (but, taiwan is). i look forward to the country website because that's where i'm hoping to find $500 tix to dc in july.
Old Apr 2, 2005, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Visa Requirments?

How's the process working to get visas required for this flight?

At the FlyerTalk event last night, even Jim Compton mentioned that some CO'ers are having problems securing the necessary documents to fly on this new route.
Old Apr 2, 2005, 10:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

How's the process working to get visas required for this flight?

At the FlyerTalk event last night, even Jim Compton mentioned that some CO'ers are having problems securing the necessary documents to fly on this new route.
ime and tmk, you have to really rub someone the wrong way to get dinged by the prc consulates. as for procedures, you can either: 1) apply in person at a consulate; 2) use an agent -can be anyone- to apply on your befalf at a consulate; or 3) use mail service. #3 is officially taboo, but there are exceptions a plenty.

the 2 most common visa classess are L (tourist) and F (business). the latter is more difficult to get (requires an invitation letter), but is functionally equivalent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.