Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The OnePass KLM 100% Bonus Promo

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2001, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: I am an AS employee, but my comments do not represent the company in any official capacity.
The OnePass KLM 100% Bonus Promo

This isn't really recent news but according to the OnePass website:

To celebrate our New Partnership, we're offering double OnePass miles on all KLM flights taken between January 1, 2002 and March 31, 2002.

Do the flights have to be on KLM metal, or just operated by KLM, or simply be on KLM ticket stock?

I tried calling the OnePass elite line but they didn't know and suggested I try the OP Service Center later this week. If anyone can share some insight, please do! Triple miles (Actual Miles + Gold Bonus + Promo Bonus) make some mileage runs look pretty appealing.

(As a side note, AMS to LAX or SFO is pretty darn cheap right now. I am considering nesting an AMS-LAX roundtrip inside of an LAX-AMS roundtrip.)
Old Jan 2, 2002, 5:20 am

Programs: UA 1PMM,AAG; usedtobeelite
There's been some discussion of this in other threads but the words of the website sure seem controlling..."operated by" would seem to exclude KL flight numbers on NW metal and other European carrier metal. It would seem to include KLM UK and other KL subs. If you get credible info, please post!
Old Jan 2, 2002, 6:03 pm

Programs: several
So for a KLM: SFO-AMS-SFO, cheap flight, a base miles of 10,943 + double bonus (10,943) + Gold (10,943) = 32,829 CO miles? Wow!
Old Jan 3, 2002, 12:54 am

So how would you book the KLM flight to get the OnePass double miles? CO's website says "For reservations, purchase your ticket on continental.com" but that link only returns CO flights. I'm confused.
Also does anyone know how many of the KLM miles would count toward Elite status? TIA
Old Jan 3, 2002, 5:51 am

Yes, KLM offers a 100% bonus. But remember to keep an eye on your wallet. At this time KLM charges $100-125 more than CO on the IAH-AMS route. I am not interested in purchasing 10,000 miles for $100-125. I recommend that you do keep your eyes open and be aware of the true costs of a trip. Buen viaje,
pjc
Old Jan 3, 2002, 6:09 am

I just checked the IAH-AmS fares tis morning. The $100-125 variance between CO and KLM has been reduced to less than $30. It is now well worth flying KLM for the bonus. I will be the see you guys at the wooden shoe store or skating on the canal.
Old Jan 3, 2002, 4:46 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pjcmlama:
I just checked the IAH-AmS fares tis morning. The $100-125 variance between CO and KLM has been reduced to less than $30. It is now well worth flying KLM for the bonus. I will be the see you guys at the wooden shoe store or skating on the canal.
</font>
OK, so when are you going?
Old Jan 3, 2002, 5:30 pm

Dates are undetermined, but probably 2/20ish for 4 nights. This would be a long weekend, relatively inexpensive, take only 3 days of vacation. If these tix are upgradable with miles this would be a spectacular deal.
Old Jan 5, 2002, 12:43 am

Programs: AA Plat, Delta Slvr, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Priority Club Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5star
Has anyone found a way to use continental.com to book KLM segments?

Orbitz definitely shows them, but I'm worried about not getting the double-mile KLM bonus..
Old Jan 5, 2002, 8:33 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by GenieFlyer:
Has anyone found a way to use continental.com to book KLM segments?</font>
they are "there" but only for flights that CO chooses to be valid... you're not going to be offered KLM metal to AMS from EWR or IAH... it just won't show up. Maybe from SFO or ORD, I can't say...

i.e. EWR/LYS (Lyon) 02/01 - 02/15 the continental.com will show EWR/AMS on CO and AMS/LYS on KLYcityhopper.

I have found that the best way to find out if CO recognizes the segments as valid-code shares is the download the electronic timetable.

But, the way I read the promo, we get double miles for **ALL** KLM flights systemwide... excluding non-KLM operated code-shares... so, for my example, EWR/DUB via AMS. The AMS/DUB segments are served by EI therefore I'd get no credit on those.
Old Jan 5, 2002, 11:13 am

So, if I buy a tix to fly DTW - AMS with KL flight numbers ( KL 6048 to and KL 6047 back )because those flights are actually operated by NW ( NW 48 and NW 47 )I will not recieve double One Pass mileage under the current promotion?
Old Jan 5, 2002, 11:27 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bodie:
So, if I buy a tix to fly DTW - AMS with KL flight numbers ( KL 6048 to and KL 6047 back )because those flights are actually operated by NW ( NW 48 and NW 47 )I will not recieve double One Pass mileage under the current promotion?</font>
https://onepass.continental.com/news.htm#klm

"All KLM flights systemwide... * Including flights operated by KLM, KLM cityhopper, KLM uk and KLM exel. "

My "interpretation" on this is that you WOULD get double miles on the KL DTW/AMS segments, but regular miles (plus status if applicable) for the BUF/DTW segments.

I think theres a *chance* you'd get double miles on the BUF/DTW, but I don't see anyway that you WOULDN'T get double miles on the DTW/AMS.

PS the OPSC hasn't been much help in this regard either. Not the reps fault, they don't have the info from corporate. But, they announce a promo for double miles and then no one can answer the questions about code-shares, connections, reward travel, etc

Last night I had a rep "selling me" against KL... Agent: "but Sir, the CO flight is direct from EWR and the KL has to connect via AMS... are you sure you want to do that... wouldn't it be easier, etc..." hmmm... me: "KL flight gets me double miles and is upgradable for 1/2 the HoKeY fare..."... awkward silence...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.