Wiki Posts
Search

F Service For Washington To Newark

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2001, 7:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
F Service For Washington To Newark

Noticed that all the F seats are either sold out or zero'ed out for most flights to and from Washington National (DCA) / Dulles (IAD) to Newark for security reasons?

Has Continental eliminated the F cabin on most 737's they fly on this route?

Just curious on the upgrading possibilities for a Silver Elite...
Old Nov 2, 2001, 6:34 am
JM

I flew the EWR-DCA route on October 19 and 21. Both times I was upgarded to FC 5 days ahead via EUA. On the EWR-DCA (a Friday night), there were two empty seats in FC. Can't recall whether there were empty FC seats on Sunday return to EWR from DCA.

------------------
JM-CO Plat, Gold various other airlines
Old Nov 2, 2001, 7:22 am

I flew EWR-DCA and DCA-EWR over last weekend. For the EWR-DCA flight on Friday, I was put on the standby list for an upgrade and upgraded at the gate. For the return flight, EUA cleared me by the time I checked in (I'm NW silver).

Don't know what dates you're flying, but there are either 10 or 12 seats on the 737-300 they're flying there, and I'd imagine they fill up quickly with all the "important folk" flying in and out of there. I'd guess it's easier to get an upgrade flying in the directions I did (TO DC on Friday and FROM on Sunday) than the opposite.

BTW, I posted a trip report on it in the trip reports forum that tells about times and security if you're interested.
Old Nov 2, 2001, 6:32 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hilton: Gold, Starwood: Platinum, Hyatt: Platinum, AS: MVP Gold
EWR-DCA also has a high proportion of biz travelers flying full fare (read lobbyists and lawyers) -- they can upgrade out of the A bucket if they're gold or platinum at time of ticketing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.