Wiki Posts
Search

Miles with Orbitz ticket?? $249 EWR/LAX rt

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2001, 3:25 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Miles with Orbitz ticket?? $249 EWR/LAX rt

Just an inquiry --- Orbitz currently has a weekend fare on CO (EWR-LAX) for $249 rt.
This is a web only fare available on Orbitz.

Do you qualify for OP miles using an Orbitz fare?
Old Aug 28, 2001, 3:48 pm

Yikes!

I just looked at continental.com to see if they were offering the same CO fares and CO wanted $2,257.50 for the same flight that Orbitz wanted $249 for!!!

The specific flight that I checked was:

EWR-LAX CO 139 8/31 11:30 AM - 2:23 PM
LAX-EWR CO 84 9/2 7:00 AM - 3:18 PM
Old Aug 28, 2001, 4:13 pm
Suspended

I tried to buy several of the 8/31-9/2 EWR-LAX pairings on Orbitz and received:

Because flight availability can change rapidly based on traveler demand, the flight you selected is no longer available. Please make another selection. (Message 100)

Maybe the low fare existed on CO.O.L also for a while but is no longer actually available?

Old Aug 28, 2001, 6:24 pm

I would assume that since CO owns a substantial stake in ORBITZ that one would acquire FF miles on any flights booked. I called OP service center and the agent told me that the only flights that don't count are Priceline, Hotwire, and some BULK FARES. I inquired specifically about ORBITZ and she said that as far as she could tell they WOULD count. I said "as far as you can tell" is not good enough - I wanted a definite answer, and she checked with a supervisor who said YES - ORBITZ tickets DO count.

------------------
Berkley
Old Aug 28, 2001, 7:37 pm

Yes...tickets purchased on Orbitz do qualify for miles. I have purchased tickets on Orbitz, and I received OP miles, gold bonus, and was upgraded by EUA. I'm not sure about any other bonuses. Vulcan has a couple bonuses that I've signed up for. I'll have to wait and see if I get credit.

I always check CO's website and compare with Orbitz. Sometimes Orbtiz is cheaper, sometimes it is CO. I'm not that proud. I'll buy off the cheaper site. If they're taken from the same availability, there must be a lag time between the two.
Old Aug 29, 2001, 8:22 am
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
I think the safest thing to do is read AND print the rules (I check for mileage accrual purposes and co-terminal options).
Old Aug 30, 2001, 5:50 am

If you want to do it for the miles alone NWA is offering the route (with connection) for $288 with on Orbitz.

[This message has been edited by mch710 (edited 08-30-2001).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.