Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Need Help: CO flt late, put on NW

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2001, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Need Help: CO flt late, put on NW

Hi all - I need some advice from the Masters. I purchased a CO ticket from the CO website on 100% CO metal PIT-IAH-DEN/DEN-IAH-PIT for a flight I took over this weekend.

When in line at PIT to check in, I was told that my flight to IAH would be 2.5 hours late. The CO agent rebooked me on NW via MSP and I arrived in DEN 3 minutes earlier than I had originally been scheduled. Because I am Silver with CO, NW put me in F the whole way through.

Here are my questions:

* There is a double mile bonus (CHWR) through the end of Aug that I am currently registered for and I have also received on earlier flights. Now I won't receive it for the outbound flights because they were on NW metal. Can I request the bonus from CO anyway? I did buy the tickets specifically on CO metal to take advantage of the bonus.

EDIT: There is no double mile bonus - I'm crazy and way behind the times. That bonus ended at the end of June or July.

* If CO had put me on US, I would have been able to request the miles from CO and have also earned them on US. Since CO & NW are so tight, can I request this as well? Or is their little partnership going to get into the way? I don't think it is a possibility since I was upgraded and all, I just want to check.

* I lost mileage by flying via MSP. Total mileage on the outbound leg should have been 2989 incl silver bonus; will actually earn only 2109 incl silver bonus. Is this something else I should point out to them?

I do have to say that I can't complain about the service on NW or about the way CO handled the situation. I'm very happy with the way things turned out. Now, if I could only get my proper miles out of the trip, I will be truly satisfied.

Sorry for such lame questions. This has never happened to me before, and now that I actually care about mileage, I want to know what I can/can't request from CO before I put my foot in my mouth with them.

Please help!!!! Thank you in advance.

--- Edited because I'm nuts and don't know what the heck I'm talking about. Double mile bonus. What am I thinking? That's over.

[This message has been edited by ShouldaBeenABlonde (edited 08-21-2001).]
Old Aug 21, 2001, 9:04 am

Write to CO and ask them for credit as if you flew your originally booked itinerary. There shouldn't be any problems crediting it to you manually, but it will probably take a few weeks to process.
Old Aug 21, 2001, 10:39 am

I was in a similar situation last year.

Write them a letter, they'll take care of it - though it may take a few weeks. Be sure to note your FF #, flight #'s of your SCHEDULED flight and your ACTUAL flight.

------------------
"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own."
Old Aug 21, 2001, 6:14 pm

CO and WN (Southwest) have the friendliest agents in the airline business. Don't know what it is they do (I suspect the pay scales are the same across the board) but they are HAPPY PEOPLE. It's the reason I quit flying UA and AA - their people seem to be mad at the world!
Call them and I'd bet they'll be more than willing to give you any bonus that you would have normally received had you flown your original iten.

------------------
Berkley
Old Aug 22, 2001, 10:58 am

Programs: Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ShouldaBeenABlonde:

* If CO had put me on US, I would have been able to request the miles from CO and have also earned them on US. Since CO & NW are so tight, can I request this as well? Or is their little partnership going to get into the way? I don't think it is a possibility since I was upgraded and all, I just want to check.

</font>
I've read somewhere that you cannot get 'double miles' if you're rebooked on NW or vice versa. However, it can happen.

I was on a NW flight DTW-EWR. It was bought on CO ticket stock. I got on the NW flight, we pushed back, and sat on the tarmac for an hour, then the flight was cancelled (they said it was due to weather). Anyway, I called CO and they put me on a CO metal flight that was leaving in an hour.

Both flights were posted to my account. Hey, I'm not complaining!
Old Aug 22, 2001, 11:04 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Berkley504:
CO and WN (Southwest) have the friendliest agents in the airline business. Don't know what it is they do (I suspect the pay scales are the same across the board) but they are HAPPY PEOPLE. It's the reason I quit flying UA and AA - their people seem to be mad at the world!

</font>

Wow, I guess it's been a Looong time since I've flown UA.

Have you ever been to EWR?

Old Aug 22, 2001, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Thanks all. I called CO yesterday afternoon and the CO flights that I missed were posted within an hour. I just have to wait and see what the Bonus Machine does this weekend and whether the NW flights post. As of right now, I'm happy. There are other bonuses that were affected by the missing CO flights. I'll just wait and see.

Thanks again for the input.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.