Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OnePass Miles with MasterCard

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2005, 10:35 am
Original Poster

OnePass Miles with MasterCard

I'm looking to earn some Onepass miles by opening up a credit card. Are there any offers for bonus miles with a credit card that does not have an annual fee (or that waives the annual fee for the first year). Everything I've seen thus far seems to have an annual fee.

thanks!
Old Feb 25, 2005, 10:53 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
Amtrack Guest Rewards credit card has no annual fee. You can transfer in 5K lumps. Maximum of 20K (I believe) a year.
Old Feb 25, 2005, 12:13 pm

Thumbs up Chase/CO Business MasterCard

Originally Posted by peabody
I'm looking to earn some Onepass miles by opening up a credit card. Are there any offers for bonus miles with a credit card that does not have an annual fee (or that waives the annual fee for the first year). Everything I've seen thus far seems to have an annual fee.

thanks!
I filled out an application available at my local Chase Bank for the Chase Continental Business Master Card. The application brochure clearly stated 10,000 One Pass miles for signing up & no fee for the first year.

Got my miles posted within two weeks after receiving my card & no annual fee was charged!
Old Feb 25, 2005, 12:30 pm

I use the Mastercard debit card from Key Bank, though it does have an annual fee. I have found it to be quite useful since I already had several accounts with the bank and always use the "credit" selection with purchases so I can avoid the transaction fee. Slightly off topic, but isnt it funny how difficult some retailers are making it to use the "credit" function over the "pin" function when using debit cards? It usually takes a couple more screens and quite often it isnt obvious that there is a choice. Sorry, I am giving them my business and I am certainly not going to pay a PIN transaction fee to do so.
Old Feb 25, 2005, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

[QUOTE=worldwidetraveler]I filled out an application available at my local Chase Bank for the Chase Continental Business Master Card. The application brochure clearly stated 10,000 One Pass miles for signing up & no fee for the first year.

Got my miles posted within two weeks after receiving my card & no annual fee was charged!
[/QUOTE

worldwidetraveler,

is there a way to apply for the card through the phone? (is there a number and reference code that will enable me to get the same deal?)
Old Feb 26, 2005, 10:55 am

[QUOTE=peabody]
Originally Posted by worldwidetraveler
I filled out an application available at my local Chase Bank for the Chase Continental Business Master Card. The application brochure clearly stated 10,000 One Pass miles for signing up & no fee for the first year.

[/QUOTE

worldwidetraveler,

is there a way to apply for the card through the phone? (is there a number and reference code that will enable me to get the same deal?)

I don't know because the application was picked up inside a Chase Bank. I was unable previously to find this offer either on the internet or thru calling Chase Customer Service!

The info on the application pamphlet was :
Credit Card Program Code J59
Credit Card Location Code 370120

For faxing the application: 800 201 9581
Old Feb 26, 2005, 2:42 pm

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum
Originally Posted by peabody

thanks!
1. Not CO, but it appears that the NW WorldPerks Visa (from U.S. Bank) has no fee. This will get you access to a Onepass partner. (See the Miles Buzz thread on mileage CC's.)

Two HOTEL cards without fees:
2. American Express (formerly Optima) Platinum with Hilton Honors. Gives you silver status at Hiltons as long as you use it, and has a nice 10,000 point startoff bonus. All things billed to it get 3x points per dollar, and 5x points on Hilton spending! Can also "double-dip" on airline / hotel miles. Can be transferred to air miles via Points.com, etc. See http://hhonors.hilton.com/en/hhonors/index.jhtml

3. Priority Club (Hol Inn/Intercontinentals) Platinum Visa, with nice 10,000 point startoff bonus. 1 point per 1 dollar
See http://www.firstusa.com/cgi-bin/webc...cont&mkid=6FJZ

Unaffiliated:

4. Non-affiliated: MBNA WorldPoints MC card. Got mine switched to Fidelity Inv. Platinum, kept worldpoints, and have a SWEET low low interest rate (can you say UNDER 6% fixed???) This can be used on any airline, which is especially nice if you don't have a gazillion points on that carrier, or don't want to use your points for "domestic travel".

5. Non-affiliated: Capital One MilesOne MC or Visa. Others gripe, but spending does add up. 20-25K points (I forget) add up to a domestic ticket by tier/distance, so it worked when we had a family emergency and needed a quick cash-out on an airline where no one in the family had many points. If you need quick cash $$, you can convert points to cash, too. Can get fixed interest below 10% with good to excellent credit history.
Caveat on CapOne: If you set up a payment online and make a typo on the amount, you are SOL for that payment...no changes, unlike MBNA and some others. Also, you cannot schedule a payment X days in advance, as you can with MBNA (a month) or FirstUSA/thenBankOne/nowChase (5 days or so) and some others.

6 Amtrak....
____

Yeah, I'd like to know about airline cards with 1) no fee and 2) -LOW- (below 10%, fixed) interest rate. My deceased Mom got an invite from Brand X airline...

Last edited by flyzabit; Feb 26, 2005 at 6:55 pm Reason: clarification
Old Nov 21, 2008, 2:03 pm

(New topic, but the thread title was right so...)

Use that MC to earn miles where you wouldn't expect. We just had our roof redone. I considered using Convenience Checks to pay for it, even though I had the cash on hand, I wanted to get the miles. A call to Chase confirmed that you DO NOT earn miles by using Convenience Checks. However, I said to the roofer, "You don't credit cards, do you?" and he does. Yeah! An extra 9120 miles for something I would otherwise have written a check for. Just make sure you clear out any balance, and pay it off ASAP, so you don't end up with costly unexpected finance charges!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.