Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changes at EWR?

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2004, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Changes at EWR?

I was at EWR last week and noticed on the C-2 concourse (the middle one) that gate-agent-style desks were being installed at the foot of each of the three moving sidewalks going down this concourses. Anyone know what CO has in mind for these? (They're probably up and running by now). Seemed to be some other construction projects around these gates as well.

Ezra.
Old May 18, 2004, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by Ezra
I was at EWR last week and noticed on the C-2 concourse (the middle one) that gate-agent-style desks were being installed at the foot of each of the three moving sidewalks going down this concourses. Anyone know what CO has in mind for these? (They're probably up and running by now). Seemed to be some other construction projects around these gates as well.

Ezra.
I saw these a few weeks ago and I thought they looked like they were waiting to be installed somewhere else but they had only *just* been put there.
Old May 18, 2004, 5:55 pm

Maybe more permanent replacements for the folding tables the folks selling the CO Chase credit card often have set up there??
Old May 18, 2004, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Originally Posted by wck4
Maybe more permanent replacements for the folding tables the folks selling the CO Chase credit card often have set up there??
These were (when I saw them) in the middle of the walking path -- you'd have to walk through them to go from one moving sidewalk to the next. They looked to me like new counters for use at a gate but that hadn't been moved into place yet.
Old May 19, 2004, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xyzzy
These were (when I saw them) in the middle of the walking path -- you'd have to walk through them to go from one moving sidewalk to the next. They looked to me like new counters for use at a gate but that hadn't been moved into place yet.
This was my impression as well, that the desks as placed would interrupt traffic flow down the concourse. Does anyone know if they're still in place, or if they've been moved to the gates as speculated? It'll be a while before I'm at EWR again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.