Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

What partners does CO reward search tool display and not display?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2012, 10:45 pm
TA
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM

Hi all, quick question:

What partners does CO reward search tool display and not display? I have found the CO tool much better than UA's, but am still not confident about what it is *not* showing me. I can reliably see UA (of course), LH, AC, CA, TK, maybe at one point in the past, even Spanair.

Can I count on it that all availability with at least these airlines is being displayed?

For all other airlines do we basically still have to call? ANA? SQ (although little hope of ever finding a seat anyway). Why this antiquated system? When will this improve?
Old Feb 14, 2012, 11:24 pm

Programs: UA S
Originally Posted by TA
Hi all, quick question:

What partners does CO reward search tool display and not display? I have found the CO tool much better than UA's, but am still not confident about what it is *not* showing me. I can reliably see UA (of course), LH, AC, CA, TK, maybe at one point in the past, even Spanair.

Can I count on it that all availability with at least these airlines is being displayed?

For all other airlines do we basically still have to call? ANA? SQ (although little hope of ever finding a seat anyway). Why this antiquated system? When will this improve?
It'll show NH and SQ, and they recently added LX, which was the last notable holdout. Not really sure what else is still missing? (Of course I easily could be forgetting some)
Old Feb 15, 2012, 12:55 am

Programs: UA 1K
I was really impressed to see the continental.com award search listing flights on JP (Adria Airways, the Slovenian national carrier; try flights to LJU) and A3 (Aegean; try flights to ATH).

I've read secondhand reports that the award search sometimes omits flights, for example not always showing availability on LX JFK-ZRH. But I've never seen this.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by whakojacko
It'll show NH and SQ, and they recently added LX, which was the last notable holdout. Not really sure what else is still missing? (Of course I easily could be forgetting some)
I think it only shows NH international, not NH domestic (intra-Japan). ANA site shows both.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 3:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
I've noticed MS on the BKK-KUL route.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 4:02 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1MM Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold
Pretty sure it shows all partners excepting Ethiopian Airlines (the newest Star Alliance member).
Old Feb 15, 2012, 6:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mherdeg
I've read secondhand reports that the award search sometimes omits flights, for example not always showing availability on LX JFK-ZRH. But I've never seen this.
If there's no availability in any class on a partner airline, you won't even see it as an option on CO.com...have noticed this with a lot of LX ZRH/GVA searches (as of course there aren't any EasyPass rewards on partners)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.