Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Inability to Ticket Held Award Flight

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2012, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Inability to Ticket Held Award Flight

My experience here might be useful to some.

I yesterday placed 5 C award tickets EZE-EWR (UA operated) on hold while transferring miles from Chase Rewards to my CO account.

After the miles transferred I proceeded to purchase the tickets (pay the miles + tax) and shortly after received the confirmation email thanking me for choosing CO (etc.). So thought all was well.

Later that day I checked the reservation to select seats and it still showed as unticketed (miles were not deducted either). I clicked purchase and paid for the award again - receiving a second confirmation email shortly after. But again, no miles deducted. I called CO at 7PM and was on hold till 10PM but gave up when the reservation was deleted from the system at 10PM (the 24 hr hold window).

Luckily the award seats showed up the next morning and I booked them (without resorting to a hold) immediately w/o problem.

In short - there seems to be a glitch in the system (with UA flights?) - so best to ticket immediately. Don't count on reaching CO to resolve the problem.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 9:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Please search for existing threads on your topic(s) before starting a new one.

CO never issues tickets immediately. There are several threads documenting their failure to issue tickets before reservations expire.

The CO phone lines have also been overwhelmed for quite some time now (months) as a result of all the issues they've caused.
Old Feb 9, 2012, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
deleted
Old Feb 9, 2012, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mduell
Please search for existing threads on your topic(s) before starting a new one.

CO never issues tickets immediately. There are several threads documenting their failure to issue tickets before reservations expire.

The CO phone lines have also been overwhelmed for quite some time now (months) as a result of all the issues they've caused.
FYI - On my second try the tickets were issued within 60 seconds.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.