Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EWR - GRU on Continental

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2012, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, SPG Platinum, AMEX Platinum, Hyatt Plat, Avis PC, National Exec
EWR - GRU on Continental

Hi All,

Has anyone flown BusinessFirst from Newark to Sao Paulo? At the moment I'm torn between Continental and TAM.

Is true that the 764 they are using doesn't have the new BF cabin?
Old Feb 1, 2012, 8:55 am

Programs: CO Platinum; MP 1K
The schedule says it's UA operated, but the metal looks like CO
From the seat map we could say it has not flat beds.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SM Plat, B6 TrueBlue, UA MP, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by squashgw
Hi All,

Has anyone flown BusinessFirst from Newark to Sao Paulo? At the moment I'm torn between Continental and TAM.

Is true that the 764 they are using doesn't have the new BF cabin?
There are 12 764 in the CO fleet. To date one has been converted to full lie-flat and the company is saying all 12 will be converted by year's end.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 5:35 am
glx

Programs: UA GS, SPG Plat, National EC Executive (Replaced Hertz), Hertz PC (Retired)
It's not flat bed; pitiful, given how much tickets cost on that route. Flat beds on a day flight to LHR and DUB? That's apparently just fine.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 5:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond, SPG Platinum, AMEX Platinum, Hyatt Plat, Avis PC, National Exec
So I'd be better off spending a little bit more and flying TAM's first class?
Old Feb 2, 2012, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So I'd be better off spending a little bit more and flying TAM's first class?
I'm not quite sure of what your definition of "a little bit more" is, but I'm finding CO BF at about $4,550 round trip while TAM's FC is over $9,000 round trip.

Personally, I would take TAM's J, which is more or less equivalent to CO's 764 and for about $1,000 on an average day...
Old Feb 2, 2012, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TWA Fan 1
I'm not quite sure of what your definition of "a little bit more" is, but I'm finding CO BF at about $4,550 round trip while TAM's FC is over $9,000 round trip.

Personally, I would take TAM's J, which is more or less equivalent to CO's 764 and for about $1,000 on an average day...
Looking at March travel to GRU, CO was only selling full J on the n/s, 50%-100% more than JJ C.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Just looking at the flights on Delta's Business to GRU, it's less than $5K for a flat sleeper. I may be defecting from *A on this trip
Old Feb 2, 2012, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just looking at the flights on Delta's Business to GRU, it's less than $5K for a flat sleeper. I may be defecting from *A on this trip
I found J on DL JFK-GRU for $3,800 (3/13-3/20)...that's definitely the best deal of all three.

The flat-bed on DL's 764 is not bad at all.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TWA Fan 1
I found J on DL JFK-GRU for $3,800 (3/13-3/20)...that's definitely the best deal of all three.

The flat-bed on DL's 764 is not bad at all.
Only reason I would take CO is for my lifetime status push - I'm happy with JJ.

Can't even route through ORD/IAD anymore for cheaper in order to UG to F and hit IFLs...ah well.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 8:00 am

Programs: DL Gold, SkyClub, AA PLT, CO Silver, AS MVPGLD
I agree with the DL statement. I flew TAM's 767 from MIA-GIG last November and they had old crummy J seats so be weary. I know their A330 that JJ flies out of Miami-GRU has the new J seats so maybe try a EWR-MIA-GRU routing. If you're okay with going outside of *A you can always take the direct AA flight on their 777 which is nice, especially if you can splurge and grab their flagship F seat! Boa sorte!!
Old Feb 2, 2012, 9:41 am

Programs: UA 1K
Here was my brief write up from December of the TAM J product out of JFK. Not sure if it differs from EWR:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...am-brasil.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.