Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Watching BF progression on Mobile.United.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Watching BF progression on Mobile.United.com

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2012, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Airline FF: UA 1K, DL, US, AA, NW,
Lightbulb Watching BF progression on Mobile.United.com

I was watching the progression of CO84 (3:52pm departure) EWR-TLV today for BF Upgrades (last few seats) to see how the pda tool tracked.

Interesting data

At 10am - 48/50 booked/available and 29 checked in. At that time flight was J1/C1. 8 people already upgraded to BF and 6 on the waitlist.

At 12pm - 49/50 booked/available and 32 checked in. At that time flight was J1/C1 and 9 on the waitlist. #1 and #2 did not change positions.

At 12:50pm - 50/50 booked/available and 33 checked in. At that time flight was J0/C0 and 10 on the waitlist. #1 and #2 did not change positions.

At 3:00pm - 50/50 booked/available and 50 checked in. Flight is full. #1 and #2 were upgraded into BF with 10 left on the waitlist.

A question - looks like the #1 was targeted as early as 12pm and #2 were targeted at the 1pm mark for the seats given no fares to buy. Yet the list did not change until 3pm'ish for the actual upgrades to come through the system.

That's interesting to me because the 48/50 to 49/50 to 50/50 didn't mean you weren't going to occupy the front cabin. Further, available seats to buy closed down around 12:50pm'ish yet no confirmation given on mobile site regarding upgrade cleared.

Any other thoughts?
Old Jan 12, 2012, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Misconnects? Cancellations? Late bookings?

Flights can be very dynamic as departure time approaches.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.