Community
Wiki Posts
Search

4 Weeks for SWUs To Hit Account??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2012, 8:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
4 Weeks for SWUs To Hit Account??

I just spoke to CO res on another matter and asked what was going on with the SWU situation.

The agent said she spoke with the OPSC about this very subject recently and was told SWUs could take up to 4 weeks to hit accounts this year! This is outrageous!

I want to book a trip to Asia leaving early next month and need to book it now to get the upgrade space (which is available) and the W fare. Has any newly minted Plat1K received their SWUs yet after hitting 100K EQM right at the end of last year?

I posted a request http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/coupo...l#post17749837 in Coupon Connection for 2 2011s in exchange for two of my 2012s when they hit, but seriously, I shouldn't need to do this - the SWUs should be posting in a reasonable amount of time after qualifying - like a couple of business days.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 10:49 pm

Programs: Airline FF: UA 1K, DL, US, AA, NW,
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Has any newly minted Plat1K received their SWUs yet after hitting 100K EQM right at the end of last year?
Similar boat. on 19 Dec 2011 - I moved FEQM to get 100K and now have 1K on United MP (9 days for that), 2 more CR1's (14 days got these) but no SWU's.

I now have a booked flight BOS-EWR-TLV roundtrip in 10 days and would like to waitlist (no R or RN available) for this trip.

Not sure I'm going to see them now!
Old Jan 5, 2012, 9:50 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5-star, Marriott Gold
I've been waiting a week for mine. I have a flight in February that has upgrade availability that I want to upgrade. Who knows if it will still be there when they finally hit my account. I can understand if they run the batch once a week, that's annoying but fine, but are they really running it only once a month? That's absurd. The whole thing should just be done based on a trigger or overnight at worst.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 10:06 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G
Originally Posted by octopic
I've been waiting a week for mine. I have a flight in February that has upgrade availability that I want to upgrade. Who knows if it will still be there when they finally hit my account. I can understand if they run the batch once a week, that's annoying but fine, but are they really running it only once a month? That's absurd. The whole thing should just be done based on a trigger or overnight at worst.
Can you do miles+copay and then refund that for a SWU when the time comes?
Old Jan 5, 2012, 11:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by dbaker
I asked this question - it would require canceling the upgrade space and finding it again - and if it's not available, then no dice.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 11:12 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz 5-star, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dbaker
Good thought. I question that I have is the following. If I do miles + copay, can I just do an exchange like that, or do I risk being trumped by some other 1K that's been waiting longer than me (assuming that there is no upgrade availability when the SWU comes in)? I'd hate to lose my upgrade in the process of trying to change it. Has anyone else ever done a swap like this successfully?
Old Jan 5, 2012, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
This whole thing would be hilarious if it didn't stink so much. First, they force early SWUs on us, pretty much instantaneously after crossing a threshold, and virtually none of us want them (despite them saying they changed the rule "due to elite feedback". Whatever).

Now, many have last year's SWUs expiring this month, or have just earned the new ones (at 100K), and are dying for them so they can book new int'l travel - yet they seem to be taking their sweet time.

The real question is, for any of you who crossed a threshold at the very end of Dec, will you get a full year+ expiry (Jan '13), or are you going to be stuck with the rest of us stiffs with Dec '12 EVEN after we make the request to get them extended?

Last edited by UA-NYC; Jan 5, 2012 at 11:24 am
Old Jan 5, 2012, 11:26 am

Programs: Airline FF: UA 1K, DL, US, AA, NW,
Originally Posted by hhmorgan
Similar boat. on 19 Dec 2011 - I moved FEQM to get 100K and now have 1K on United MP (9 days for that...
What I'm wondering is if I should call United 1K 1call now since that posted and ask them to get the SWU's applied to my account since CO can't seem to do it!

Pursuing the other threads - it appears to me tha UA MP members are getting faster SWU postings - just a thought.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
And they'll still expire 12 calendar months from when they were earned, not deposited.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 12:22 pm

Location: Homosassa, FL & Ringwood, NJ -UA-G(Lifetime); SPG-Plat (Lifetime)
Still waiting from Dec 26 when I went over 100,000.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
I applied some FEQM at the end of 2011 so I could hit 150k. Still nthing. I'm in no rush, though.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 6:29 pm

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by Vulcan
Still waiting from Dec 26 when I went over 100,000.
Me too...

Originally Posted by mduell
And they'll still expire 12 calendar months from when they were earned, not deposited.
Is this accurate? From everything I've read on FT, they are valid one year from the date of deposit.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TommyC80
Is this accurate? From everything I've read on FT, they are valid one year from the date of deposit.
Not any longer - sometimes you may get the 13th partial month, but I haven't on my past two pairs of CR-1s deposited. All the late-Dec crossers will be the big test.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 6:55 pm

Programs: UA-1K, DL-nothing
I hit 1K at the end of December and am still waiting for the swus to hit. I had a flight on the 3rd that I wanted to upgrade, so I called mileage plus that morning and got them to push 1 cert into my account for that day's flight. If you need the certs for an upcoming flight, you can try that.

For what it's worth, I have set UA as my primary account.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 7:00 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
I passed through 100K EQMs on 12/3 and had my SWUs deposited on 12/31/11 after 11pm (they weren't there when I checked at 11pm but were after midnight).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.