Search

IAH Transfers: C gates to E gates

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2011, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
IAH Transfers: C gates to E gates

I am travelling ORD-BZE in February and transiting IAH in the process. Have never flown through there and am a "bit" concerned about connection times.

I'm outbound from ORD at oh-dark-thirty, so that is good news. However, despite it being a legal MCT, I've literally got 37 minutes to go from C gates to E gates for my onward flight to BZE.

Any ideas on whether this is easily doable
? I'm hoping for a schedule change that will allow me to have a better connection.

Thanks in advance!! Dave
Old Dec 20, 2011, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA nada, Hyatt Disc, Hilton Gold
Should be easy. Terminals C and E are physically connected. You will not have to re-clear security. Even if you came in at the low numbered C gates and had to get to the farthest corner of Terminal E, you should be able to do it in less than a 10 minute walk.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by SeaRaptor
Should be easy. Terminals C and E are physically connected. You will not have to re-clear security. Even if you came in at the low numbered C gates and had to get to the farthest corner of Terminal E, you should be able to do it in less than a 10 minute walk.
A very brisk 10-minute walk.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
A very brisk 10-minute walk.
True, but I figure if you have a close connection to make, you're not wasting any time anyway. =)
Old Dec 20, 2011, 2:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

The longest walk possible within the C/E terminal complex is ~.75 miles. That should be no problem unless the inbound is notably delayed.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 5:31 pm

Programs: UACO Plat/1K, DL Plat, Hertz 5*, Avis - PC, SPG Gold, Colorado Pass
If you come into the lower numbered gates (C North) C14-C27, then take the airtrain to D/E. You wouldn't have to clear security or anything. Pretty quick.

If you're between C29-C42, then it's going to be a little walk. From the furthest point at C South - C39, IMO, it's about a 10min +/- 1min walk to E PC between E11-E12.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 7:19 pm

Let us not forget the OP could also be arriving into Terminal E, as Terminal E is used for both domestic and international flights.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
There are always carts. I've been nearly mowed down quite a few times. One time when I was sprinting to catch a connection one of the guys offered me a lift. Literally got to the gate right after the door closed, but I really appreciated the effort. He gave me a lift to the PC instead.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 7:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold 1 Presidence Circle
Originally Posted by njcommodore
There are always carts. I've been nearly mowed down quite a few times. One time when I was sprinting to catch a connection one of the guys offered me a lift. Literally got to the gate right after the door closed, but I really appreciated the effort. He gave me a lift to the PC instead.
Sugget you don't listen to anyone here but NJ... ok, 5 - 7 minutes walk (regardless which gate you are at) or take a cart (2 min) as NJ suggested. $1 - 2 tip.

Good luck.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 9:32 pm

Programs: 1K MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, AA Exec. Plat
How does one get a cart? Can they be arranged to meet you at your gate for tight connections like this?
Thanks
Old Dec 21, 2011, 12:13 am

Does anyone here actually fly CO? The OPs ticket may say he's arriving into Terminal C, but that isn't necessarily the case. CO uses both Terminal C and Terminal E for domestic operations. so his inbound flight from ORD could very well arrive in Terminal E, and it could very park next door to his BZE flight.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 6:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
Does anyone here actually fly CO? The OPs ticket may say he's arriving into Terminal C, but that isn't necessarily the case. CO uses both Terminal C and Terminal E for domestic operations. so his inbound flight from ORD could very well arrive in Terminal E, and it could very park next door to his BZE flight.
Why yes, we do, some of us quite a bit.

In my 200k miles in the last two years, I don't recall arriving into E once. I took off from E for some Latin America destinations though. I realize that domestic flights arrive in E, but given the size of C odds are that's where the OP will end up. We're also talking worst case scenario so the OP can make his/her connection.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28
Possible, but unlikely. Besides, that's a best case scenario. I'd rather the OP be appraised of what a worst case looks like. If he gets something better than that then awesome, but we can't recommend he plan on it.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 7:17 am

Programs: UA, AA
My vote is for walking rather than using the airtrain to go from C to E. The walk is quite straightforward, whereas with the train you have to find it, wait for it, and you still have to walk from D to E. For a first timer who is unfamiliar with the airport, you could end up walking all over the place by trying to use the train.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by PSU Mudder
My vote is for walking rather than using the airtrain to go from C to E. The walk is quite straightforward, whereas with the train you have to find it, wait for it, and you still have to walk from D to E.
Many thanks for all the info!!

I think that walking sounds like the better option!! I'll just hope that the inbound isn't delayed.

Dave

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.