Wiki Posts
Search

CO's computer woes

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2011, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

CO's computer woes

CO usually has one of the most reliable rez systems. But the last few days have been pretty bad. I need to transfer a few hundred ff miles from a UA account to a CO account to get an award ticketed, but that system was down all weekend. It was supposed to be up and running today -- but instead it seems like all onepass related web functions are down! I suspect this is causing huge telephone wait times as well for everybody.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by iahphx
CO usually has one of the most reliable rez systems.
That's debatable. From flaky upgrade processing, questionable upgrade upsells, unreliable waitlist processing, tickets that sometimes just don't get issued, and chronic interconnection problems with partner airlines, I think that CO probably has one of the least reliable systems. I just don't run into the same hiccups on DL or UA that I do with CO.

Today's CO problem I'm dealing with is a refund/redeposit of an award ticket. Called CO to cancel my award (plat - free refund/redeposit), and now refunds is challenging it. I call in, and it turns out that when CO put in the cancellation, their message did not make it to AC, so some AC segments were still in there, keeping the reservation alive, hence the rejection. Typical SHARES interconnection problems with partners, and a waste of my time.

Originally Posted by iahphx
But the last few days have been pretty bad. I need to transfer a few hundred ff miles from a UA account to a CO account to get an award ticketed, but that system was down all weekend. It was supposed to be up and running today -- but instead it seems like all onepass related web functions are down! I suspect this is causing huge telephone wait times as well for everybody.
Maybe the maintenance is taking longer than expected? That sort of stuff happens, and with CO's tendency to be overconfident about things, it would not be surprising.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 7:59 am

I'm a relatively new CO flyer. I realize that its not uncommon to need to have some downtime like we are seeing on the CO site right now. But does anyone have a feel for when we might hope to see it up again?

As it is, I keep hitting the refresh button every few hours and being disappointed each time that I still can't log in. If I had an ounce of patience I would just forget about making my changes until tomorrow but.... I don't.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 8:01 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL DM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
It is really most annoying. The system showed award availability for flights for my daughters so I made hotel reservations and flight reservations for my wife and me. Then the system wouldn't let me transfer miles and book the reservations for my daughters. When I got through on the phone, the award seats were either gone or had only existed in the mind of continental.com. Had to back everything out and start over. Thoroughly a pain and a waste of almost an entire day. Hope this is just a one time event.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 8:03 am

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Gold, SPG Platinum
I made a OP reservation yesterday but haven't received eticket confirmation yet. Called the OP reservation hotline and they said the OP desk is currently DOWN (and has been down since Friday afternoon). They expect it to be back up in a few hours.

Hope this helps.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 9:05 am

Programs: UA Premier 1K: PlAAtinum; DL SM, MM; Marriott Gold; CO Plat Emeritus; NW Plat Emeritus
I'm getting: "Scheduled continental.com site maintenance will occur on December 4, 2011, starting at 10:00 p.m. CT. During this time, OnePass sign-in, My Account features and some other services will temporarily be unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience."

Assume everyone else is as well. You'd think they'd tell you when they expect scheduled maintenance to be completed.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 9:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...am-12-5-a.html
Old Dec 5, 2011, 9:49 am

Well, it seems to be back now, but after reading about the problems people had earlier today maybe it would be wise for me to not do anything important until tomorrow.

Edit: nm, just saw sbm12s post and realized there is already a thread for this.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 10:08 am

Programs: UA Gold MM / AS MVP Gold
Thumbs down ticketing

I'm still waiting for an award ticket to be issued that I "purchased" on Saturday. Is it normal for Continental to take so long to ticket? With United, we always had instant ticketing.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by amartin1979
I'm still waiting for an award ticket to be issued that I "purchased" on Saturday. Is it normal for Continental to take so long to ticket? With United, we always had instant ticketing.

Call. If it's not done in a couple hours, there's something up.

Unfortunately CO does not instantly ticket.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 10:59 am

Programs: UA Gold MM / AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by channa
Call. If it's not done in a couple hours, there's something up.

Unfortunately CO does not instantly ticket.
They tell me it can take 24 to 48 hours to verify award availability. It never used to take this long when I ticketed with United. This is a bit of a downgrade if we are moving to the CO computer system.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They tell me it can take 24 to 48 hours to verify award availability. It never used to take this long when I ticketed with United. This is a bit of a downgrade if we are moving to the CO computer system.

They're probably blowing you off with the 24-48 hours line. That way they get more calls to meet their quota.

I would escalate to a supervisor and see if they can figure out what the problem is.

Most CO systems are a downgrade compared to legacy UA systems. It's not going to be a pleasant transition for many UA flyers.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 12:16 pm

That's a difference of perception really rather than anything significantly different. Even when you redeem UA miles for say LH ticket, LH (or any other star alliance partner) has 24 hours after reservation is created to refuse the award ticket. What UA normally did is ticket instantly and consider things to be ok unless they hear otherwise (normally doesn't happen); every once in a while you'd get a UA agent who would create the award hold and ask you to call back in a day. CO just does this in a more noticeable fashion and to everyone.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by okrogius
That's a difference of perception really rather than anything significantly different. Even when you redeem UA miles for say LH ticket, LH (or any other star alliance partner) has 24 hours after reservation is created to refuse the award ticket. What UA normally did is ticket instantly and consider things to be ok unless they hear otherwise (normally doesn't happen); every once in a while you'd get a UA agent who would create the award hold and ask you to call back in a day. CO just does this in a more noticeable fashion and to everyone.

I thought with StarNet they could confirm and ticket alliance partners immediately.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, SPG PLT
Yes- call whenever possible to ensure your ticket is booked.

Long story short:

I reserved a ticket online (award) and waited at least 3 weeks, it still wasn't booked. After a call, they said it would be booked immediately. It wasn't. Another two weeks go by and after a lot of calls back and forth, and ensuring the ticket was booked while talking to an agent, it finally worked. So, after over a month with multiple calls, an award ticket 'booked' online was finally 'ticketed' on CO - sad. Just for reference, this was a ticket with partners: VS/LH/TK and of course - no UA/CO , but the experience was absolutely awful

So, my response to the poster talking about good CO systems is the exact opposite - their systems in my opinion are flawed inherently and with my experience - compared with PMUA (aside from .bomb itself - which is obviously just the web interface), the systems at PMCO are very lacklustre.

And to make matters worse, i'm on 2 CR1s right now that might not clear - so that means (I guess?!?) calls to CO to get my CR1s returned; Oh yeah, today I have an extra .1 Point in my account - stupid.

-jeremy

Last edited by kmfdm91; Dec 5, 2011 at 1:04 pm Reason: Double sig

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.