Search

Upgrade Award Refund Policy

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2011, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, CO Gold
Upgrade Award Refund Policy

All,

I booked a flight on CO today and upgraded a segment for 20,000 miles. I ended up cancelling that flight a few hours later and the price was fully refunded (so within the 24 hours per policy). I'm wondering if the miles used to upgrade the flight are going to be refunded as well.

My reading of the policy is that I am up a creek and will have to fork over money ($100 as I am Gold Elite) to have those miles refunded: http://www.continental.com/web/en-US...s/rewards.aspx

However, I am wondering if the 24 hour rule will be applied to the miles as well? Should I be proactive and contact someone?

Thx for your advice!
Old Nov 17, 2011, 5:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yes, you should be proactive on the issue.

But my reading of the rules is similar to yours; I believe you're on the hook for the refund fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.