Search

cancel flight

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2011, 2:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK G,UA *S
cancel flight

Hello,

I need urgent help with some flight I booked with vouchers valid until December.
Unfortunately I need to cancel my flights.

What will happen? If the flight cost 461 USD and the voucher value is 500 USD...will the value be decreased by some fees?

Thanks,
Old Nov 6, 2011, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by flymexico2010
Hello,

I need urgent help with some flight I booked with vouchers valid until December.
Unfortunately I need to cancel my flights.

What will happen? If the flight cost 461 USD and the voucher value is 500 USD...will the value be decreased by some fees?

Thanks,
You'll get credit of $461 to use another time, but will have to pay $150 when you rebook. The original voucher value is inconsequential.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK G,UA *S
Let me see if I undestood correctly: I need to pay 150$ for canceling the flight and will get a credit to be used for one year starting with that date? Or will the value return to voucher code and this credit will be valid only until December when the voucher expire?

Do I need to pay this 150$ fee in cash or will it be taken from credit value?

Thanks.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 11:16 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
You pay nothing now for cancelling the flight.

You will be able to use the credit associated with the booking until the original form of payment expires, which will be in December. After this time you will lose all of the value.

To rebook, you use the booking reference number associated with this ticket. You can search for new flights and it will apply the value of your credit towards the new ticket. In addition, you will be charged a $150 fee at the time you perform this rebooking.

But you will have to book flights that are within 12 months of your original voucher being issued - so within the next few weeks from what you describe above.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.