Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CO125/Sept. 28--upgrade funny business?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2011, 7:32 pm
Original Poster

CO125/Sept. 28--upgrade funny business?

I am a Presidential Platinum who was on stand by for BF using a systemwide upgrade on a paid full Y fare on CO125/AMS-IAD/September 28. It was a 16 seat BF 757 aircraft.

I checked in online and was number #1 on the upgrade stand-by list.

One person had already cleared and it showed their seat assigned. At that point the flight was booked to 16 but some had not checked in.

At boarding, they told me I would not clear and the flight was full.

I looked on my phone and it showed booked to 15, checked in to 15 with 1 seat open. Oddly, my name had been removed from the upgrade stand by where it was definetely #1 when I did my online check in.

I asked about this and they again said it was full. Upon boarding I asked the flight attendant who confirmed it was full. I glanced in and saw a head in each seat.

This is what the list looked like on my phone when I took my coach seat.

Upgrade Standby List:

Capacity: 16 | Booked: 15 | Checked In: 15

Customers Upgraded to First Class No Upgrade Stand By Customers
NAME
SEAT
XXX, X. 2A

So....what gives?

-The person in 2A had already cleared when I checked in
-I was #1 on the list when I checked in and the flight was booked at 16
-When it was booked to 15 somehow I was no longer on the list

-Was there a FAM?
-Did the pilot not want to rest in row 21?
-Was a seat broken?
-Did the gate agent/crew have a friend who they really wanted to non-rev in BF?

Would there have been a sneaky reason for them to delete me off the stand by list yet have the cabin full? A conspiracy!
Old Sep 29, 2011, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
See some of the explanations here, which may (or may not) be your situation: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/conti...w-rest-bf.html
Old Sep 30, 2011, 8:36 am

Programs: Cattle Class
but in that case OP still should stay on the upgrade list.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 4:31 am
Original Poster

Let's just say someone at the gate wanted to upgrade their friend who was a non-rev. Could they remove me from the list and then upgrade their friend?

At that point though would the online display still show just 15 instead of 16 booked?

I was on a 757 tonight that went out full in economy and the pilots used 1E as their rest seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.