Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

CO Presidential Plus [boarding and upgrade benefits]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2011, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat

Just received an offer to get the CO Presidential Plus Card with the Annual Fee ($475) waived. No longer having Elite access with CO/UA it seems like a good deal for us (Security, Boarding, Lounge Access, Free Bags, etc.)

Some questions I have though:

1. The offer states: If the primary card holder has elite access they are eligible for an upgrade on a reward ticket. What is the catch with this? Would you need to split a PNR with multiple passengers for this work?

2. Does the card provide you with any elite access? (Silver perhaps?)

3. Do your flights need to be paid with the card (vs. using my AMEX) to receive the benefits?
Old Sep 21, 2011, 7:51 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Transferring thread to OnePass section because the questions pertain to benefits administered by the airline, not by the card issuer.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 7:57 am

Programs: UA AU MM,HH Diamond,Hyatt Globalist , Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by EWRTravelers
Just received an offer to get the CO Presidential Plus Card with the Annual Fee ($475) waived. No longer having Elite access with CO/UA it seems like a good deal for us (Security, Boarding, Lounge Access, Free Bags, etc.)

1. The offer states: If the primary card holder has elite access they are eligible for an upgrade on a reward ticket. What is the catch with this? Would you need to split a PNR with multiple passengers for this work?

3. Do your flights need to be paid with the card (vs. using my AMEX) to receive the benefits?
1. If the primary card holder IS elite (silver, etc.) then they are eligilble for an upgrade on a reward ticket.
2. The card does provide you with elite (premier) access - security lines and priority boarding (after first/elites), two free bags..
3. Officially, yes, you need to use the card to buy the ticket, but others have reported they get the stuff no matter what.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 8:47 am
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club

Did I miss something - when did they increase the fee to $475? I have had this card since April with annual fee of $395.00 waived for one year. Like the card and will have to decide if I am going to keep it, but with the loss of the bonus points and now the increased fee - dont think I will.

You are not required to pay for the ticket with the card to get the benefits.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback - Think I might get this card for the first year.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by jamflyer
Did I miss something - when did they increase the fee to $475? I have had this card since April with annual fee of $395.00 waived for one year.
http://www.continental.com/web/en-US.../LGC34813.html

Still seems to be $395.00 for now.
Old Sep 21, 2011, 7:32 pm

Location: EWR, USA, AA 1MM Gold, United Premier Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by edcho
I think the OP was confused with the phrase of "$475 value" with regards to the value of the lounge membership in the marketing materials.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eagle92
I think the OP was confused with the phrase of "$475 value" with regards to the value of the lounge membership in the marketing materials.
Correct - my mistake.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 10:03 am

They state that you can get upgrades on reward tickets but from what I have read it is anything but consistent. Some people appear to get lucky sometimes.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 9:31 am
Original Poster

I understand that the card provides access to the Presidents/United Lounges in the US but does the card also grant you access to the Business Lounges overseas (Frankfurt, Frankfurt Welcome Lounge, etc.)
Old Oct 12, 2011, 10:45 am

I understand that the card provides access to the Presidents/United Lounges in the US but does the card also grant you access to the Business Lounges overseas (Frankfurt, Frankfurt Welcome Lounge, etc.)
The PPCC itself does not give access. The PRIMARY cardholder on the account gets a complimentary UC membership which is how you get access. It is a FULL membership and as long as you are on a Star Alliance flight you would have access. Check the website for details and limitations.
Old Oct 12, 2011, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CALGal727
The PPCC itself does not give access. The PRIMARY cardholder on the account gets a complimentary UC membership which is how you get access. It is a FULL membership and as long as you are on a Star Alliance flight you would have access. Check the website for details and limitations.
Understood - Thanks! This is quite helpful for some of the better EU Lounges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.