Wiki Posts
Search

Stopovers and Open Jaws on Awards

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2011, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Stopovers and Open Jaws on Awards

I know that CO used to allow a stopover and an open jaw on a single award. However, with the merger changes, is that still allowed? Looking to go SFO-NCE, CDG-CLE (stopover)-SFO.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 3:38 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by iceman77_7
I know that CO used to allow a stopover and an open jaw on a single award. However, with the merger changes, is that still allowed? Looking to go SFO-NCE, CDG-CLE (stopover)-SFO.
Stopovers are permitted on open jaw and double open jaws for both CO OP & UA MP.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...post-61-a.html
Old Jul 17, 2011, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Stopovers are permitted on open jaw and double open jaws for both CO OP & UA MP.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...post-61-a.html
Thanks for the info and the link, but I did a searches for stopover and "open jaw" and neither were fruitful. The respective websites are also similarly ambiguous, stating that open jaws were allowed and stopovers were allowed on roundtrip itineraries.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 5:14 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by iceman77_7
.... The respective websites are also similarly ambiguous, stating that open jaws were allowed and stopovers were allowed on roundtrip itineraries.
UA site is clearer
Include one stopover when traveling round trip between regions on roundtrip or open-jaw itineraries;
All a part of the alignment of the award programs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.