Search

"Regional Upgrades" now shown on co.com

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2011, 11:40 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
"Regional Upgrades" now shown on co.com

A step in the right direction ^ My CO homepage now shows "regional upgrades" as well as "system-wide upgrades".

Ok so they're showing as zero but that could be because I'm only at 75k+ by the combination of my CO and UA EQM but perhaps they'll be refreshed soon.

Are these populated yet for anyone?
Old Jul 14, 2011, 11:42 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Interestingly, they're not shown when I go to "view account details" and when I returned to the homepage the line is no longer shown. Still some way to go, it would appear.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Actually I don't see that data at all on Continental.com.

However, clicking on "View Account Details" now has a yellow banner saying that Mileage Plus is the name of the program moving forward and that OnePass will end 12/31/11 with wind down in Q1 2012.

-RM
Old Jul 14, 2011, 12:13 pm

I think they are working on the site -- all my recent OP activity is gone.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 12:14 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
However, clicking on "View Account Details" now has a yellow banner saying that Mileage Plus is the name of the program moving forward and that OnePass will end 12/31/11 with wind down in Q1 2012.
That's been there since the day they made the announcement to that effect.

Regional upgrade line item is no longer showing up for me at all.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Ambassador/Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by star_world
That's been there since the day they made the announcement to that effect.

Regional upgrade line item is no longer showing up for me at all.
I saw it late last night when I was viewing my account. I went into a reservation and went back to my account details, and it disappeared.

I thought I was losing my mind but it's nice to see that I am not.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 12:49 pm

I saw the same thing briefly yesterday. Additionally on the right below activity it displayed the pull down box for previous OnePass statements and another pull down box below it for "MP Historical Data". Also, my EQM balance displayed my combined CO and UA EQM's. Hopefully a sign of integration coming soon and support that he CO website/features will live on.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA/CO-GS/PPlat,AA-Gold,SPG-Plat,Hilton-Diamond,Marriott-Plat,Hertz-Pres_Circe
Interestingly I see the MP Historical Data link below my Onepass statement link on the preview site, but clicking on it gives me my Onepass statement (same as clicking the Onepass statement link above it).

I dont see CR-1's or SWU's anywhere (I have >160K EQM this year). Upgrade reservations does show CR-1 or SWU in addition to miles or $$. The option is grayed out for all my flights though.

I do see that on current reservation Fare Class is a hyperlink that calls a popup listing fare bucket availability (really nice!)

Looks like it should be coming VERY soon (keeping fingers crossed).

Maybe I'll be able to book that fall vacation I've been holding off on soon.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 1:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Just logged in to the preview site and I see the rows:

ETA: Expert Mode is there, too:

Last edited by sbm12; Jul 14, 2011 at 1:53 pm
Old Jul 14, 2011, 2:31 pm

Programs: UA/CO-GS/PPlat,AA-Gold,SPG-Plat,Hilton-Diamond,Marriott-Plat,Hertz-Pres_Circe
Originally Posted by sbm12
Just logged in to the preview site and I see the rows:

Interesting, I do not see those rows on the Preview site yet. Looks like they are working away. It does give the indication that we might be looking well before mid-sept (still officially summer) though.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 4:02 pm

If the agents are correct, then the regional upgrades and SWUs should be deposited by midnight CT, July 15, 2011.

Last edited by PaulInTheSky; Jul 14, 2011 at 4:49 pm Reason: additional info.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 6:51 pm
Zip

Programs: UA-MM; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold
Any true value to Regional Upgrades??

I have just qualified for my first two. However, to me they seem to have the "value" of those old "positive space upgrade certificates." In other words (and keep in mind this if for Platinum status):

1) If the Regional Upg clears, they you certainly would have been upgraded anyway with your status, and 2) if the Regional Upg doesn't clear, then you still have a chance of being upgraded due to your status!

Of course, if you use them for someone else, then they have (potential) value.
Old Jul 14, 2011, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by Zip
I have just qualified for my first two. However, to me they seem to have the "value" of those old "positive space upgrade certificates." In other words (and keep in mind this if for Platinum status):

1) If the Regional Upg clears, they you certainly would have been upgraded anyway with your status, and 2) if the Regional Upg doesn't clear, then you still have a chance of being upgraded due to your status!

If you don't find value, myself or many others will be happy to take them off your hands
Old Jul 14, 2011, 7:35 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Zip

They have the same value as the equivalent number of miles needed to confirm an upgrade in F. In other words, they are prioritised higher than EUA (elite status-based upgrades), so they are extremely different from a useless positive space upgrade.

In UA land these are frequently used to confirm upgrades on tough UDU routes or on the p.s. services from JFK to SFO/LAX.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Zip

They'll have even more value going forward (2012 onward) as the new UA is diminishing how the ease of earning...previously took as few miles as 40,000 flown to get all 8 for the year, now it will take you 150K EQM to get 8.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.