Wiki Posts
Search

Early EAU

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2011, 5:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Million Miler.
Early EAU

I'm Gold, so the window for my upgrade is suppossed to open at the 72 hour mark. Sometimes I'm upgraded at that point, sometimes it's at the 48hour or 24hour mark.

For my upcoming EWR-LAS trip, the outbound upgrade email came right at the 72hour (- 2 minutes for processing) mark.

I just woke up to find my EUA upgrade email for the return segment in my inbox. It was sent at 2:11am. That's over 92 hours before my scheduled flight.

Glitch? or are they just being proactive on a light FC flight (it's on a 757-300 with 24 FC seats)
Either way I'm happy. ^
Old Jul 3, 2011, 6:28 am

Programs: *G, CO Plat, UA 1P, Etihad Gold, Marriott Prem Plat, Avis Pres
I've had similar good fortunes lately with EAUs. Unfortunately I rarely get to use them because my ExpressJet or Colgan flights are usually delayed causing me to miss my connection. Somebody else gets lucky when that happens.
Old Jul 3, 2011, 9:31 am

Programs: UA 1K SPG Plat HHonors Diamond
On light flights I get upgrades at the 5 day mark. However most come at the 24 hour mark.
Old Jul 3, 2011, 10:01 am

Programs: UA/CO-GS/PPlat,AA-Gold,SPG-Plat,Hilton-Diamond,Marriott-Plat,Hertz-Pres_Circe
I think they run sweeps at midnight as well which often gives you additional time before your "official" sweep time.
Old Jul 3, 2011, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
It's EUA, not french water.
Old Jul 3, 2011, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
I dropped to gold and got all just outside 48-72 hours this last trip after a drought of flying, was a pleasant surprise. Even on a 735.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.