Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Passenger deboarded on CO1479

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2011, 11:41 pm
Original Poster

Passenger deboarded on CO1479

Anyone know why the passenger was deboarded on CO1479 from IAH-SAT today?
Old Jul 3, 2011, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA 1K, Ex-DL Plat, SPG Plat, IC Plat, Hilton Gold
Sorry but I have to say it.
No such word as deboarded. Try deplaned or egress but no such word.
I don't care if the F/As used it, they are still wrong.
Old Jul 3, 2011, 8:41 pm

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
To the OP, I don't know the circumstances for the pax deboarding but I will address the English use-age, "deboarding" issue! (Just my opinion, naturally!)

To quote http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/deboard, describes deboarding as a present participle of deboard. Yes, I know it probably is screeching chalk on the proverbial reusable writing surface-board (C-Board) to all of us formal English majors, but heh, one must be flexible as the times & language are always changing!

Last edited by travelsavant; Jul 3, 2011 at 9:10 pm
Old Jul 3, 2011, 9:48 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH D, UA GS, Perm BonVoyed
Just wait for the FT thread titled UA GS deboarded in IAH

it will offer more details!
Old Apr 24, 2012, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by RoyalFlush
Just wait for the FT thread titled UA GS deboarded in IAH

it will offer more details!
Still waiting.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 11:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K
offloading

I was on a flight from MIA to EWR a couple of weeks ago, where a passenger was offloaded (with his luggage, but not with his wife and kid, who remained in their seats and continued to their destination without him) for being argumentative - to put it mildly - with a FA over his oversized bag which would not fit in the bin.

And I mean offloaded. Not: deplaned, deboarded, unboarded, removed, forcibly egressed, asked to leave, etc. Offloaded.

And this was AFTER a change of planes, because the original one had been "over-fueled." A first, for me at least.

That was a heck of a tuesday morning. Couldn't even listen to CH 9 to catch any cockpit chatter about all the chaos at the gate(s) .. but then again, there was enough entertainment without it.
Old Apr 25, 2012, 6:38 am

Programs: UA 1K; Avis Preferred; PriorityClub Gold; nada anywhere else
Originally Posted by skipmnyc
I was on a flight from MIA to EWR a couple of weeks ago, where a passenger was offloaded (with his luggage, but not with his wife and kid, who remained in their seats and continued to their destination without him) for being argumentative - to put it mildly - with a FA over his oversized bag which would not fit in the bin.

And I mean offloaded. Not: deplaned, deboarded, unboarded, removed, forcibly egressed, asked to leave, etc. Offloaded.

And this was AFTER a change of planes, because the original one had been "over-fueled." A first, for me at least.

That was a heck of a tuesday morning. Couldn't even listen to CH 9 to catch any cockpit chatter about all the chaos at the gate(s) .. but then again, there was enough entertainment without it.
I bet that couple had an interesting conversation when they were reunited.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.