Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2011, 11:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, UA Million Miler
"I wanna tell you how it's gonna be, you're gonna give your love to me,
I wanna love you night and day, you know my love not fade away..."
Old Jun 29, 2011, 11:22 am

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
A moment of silence for OnePass.....

I briefly used the United MP to search for flights....zero, nothing came up after 5 tries whereas Continental's give me the whole 9 yards after one try.^
Old Jun 29, 2011, 1:00 pm

Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Hyatt
Originally Posted by opus2002
A moment of silence for OnePass.....

I briefly used the United MP to search for flights....zero, nothing came up after 5 tries whereas Continental's give me the whole 9 yards after one try.^
A bit unfair... I'm sure you can say the same about all programs at one time or another. I've had good luck using both programs at various times and most of the time at that.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by quantumslip
I've memorized my nice OnePass account string by heart. Now it's going to be reduced to a mere string of numbers
And I've memorized my MileagePlus number by heart, so it would be disappointing to have to learn a new number.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 1:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, CO/Star Platinum/Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by edcho
I have a feeling that they won't want to maintain both systems. I love my OP number (I know it better than my actual cell phone number) but I have a feeling that it would be easier for them to just assign everyone MP numbers and get rid of the OP system. .
I am not saying they need to keep both systems. They just need to keep both account numbers, and both numbers point to the same account in the system, whichever to stay.

It's like you can log in with your MP account# or your email address or your account name. All of them point to the same MP account. It is like an alias, or SSN vs. DL#. Technically, I don't think it is that hard to do.

That way, I don't have to memorize a new number, or go to my accounts of hotel, car rental, etc. to update my flyquent flyer number.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 1:27 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime Platinum, 2MM since 1981, MAR Lifetime Plat, IHG Plat Amb. Global Entry
I just got the email and it shows a picture with the new MP logo on a luggage tag. It really is very nice looking and I hope we all get one.

In the meantime I am going to search and see if I can get a high enough resolution one to make my own. If anyone has a source, please PM me.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 1:36 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
Just received the email. Sad day.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by rickyriver
I am not saying they need to keep both systems. They just need to keep both account numbers, and both numbers point to the same account in the system, whichever to stay.

It's like you can log in with your MP account# or your email address or your account name. All of them point to the same MP account. It is like an alias, or SSN vs. DL#. Technically, I don't think it is that hard to do.

That way, I don't have to memorize a new number, or go to my accounts of hotel, car rental, etc. to update my flyquent flyer number.
While I totally agree that this is technically possible, I think it would cost MORE money to modify the MP system to accept letters. It is probably easier (and less money) to just transfer the information over to the MP system and assign accounts those who don't have MP.

Also, from the wording, it seems like they will assign MP account #'s to those who only have OP.

Then again, things can change! You never know.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 1:49 pm

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
A moment of silence for OnePass.
I too am sad to see it go -- OnePass was my first program that I used back in the day when I was in school up near PDX.

CO's done an excellent job with partner award searches and hopefully this remains going forward. ^

FWIW you should be able to use co.com to search out award seats and then call into UA and feed them the flight(s) info from Continental's website, should you need to use M+ points to book a ticket and don't wish to transfer to CO.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 1:50 pm

Programs: CM PP DL GM
What about CM

Copa and Copa Colombia both use the Onepass as their program there are many customers in Latin America that use CM and Onepass.
I am very confused with all this i am 17000 Miles short of 1MM and as Onepass member i will only get silver for life and if i do it as a Mileage Plus Member next year i get Gold For Life. So many questions and no idea what will happened.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 2:02 pm

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
Originally Posted by edcho
While I totally agree that this is technically possible, I think it would cost MORE money to modify the MP system to accept letters. It is probably easier (and less money) to just transfer the information over to the MP system and assign accounts those who don't have MP.

Also, from the wording, it seems like they will assign MP account #'s to those who only have OP.

Then again, things can change! You never know.
I'm not sure the letters mean much except for the corresponding telephone keypad number they represent as you can punch in your OP number on a phone.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 2:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, CO/Star Platinum/Gold, National Executive Elite
Days ago, when I went to Continental.com, I was prompted to do a survey about their web sites. One of the questions was what features on Continental.com I would like to have on United.com. Not vice versa. So at that point, I was pretty certain continental.com/onePass is the one to let go.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 2:05 pm

Programs: Lifetime Gold UA and AA
RIP

Program died with last year's changes anyway; now useless.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 2:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by rickyriver
So at that point, I was pretty certain continental.com/onePass is the one to let go.
Although rather off-topic for this thread, I'm willing to bet large sums of money that co.com is the surviving site. :-:
Old Jun 29, 2011, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA PM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by sbm12
Although rather off-topic for this thread, I'm willing to bet large sums of money that co.com is the surviving site. :-:
I hope so. Searching for award flights is SOOOOOOO much easier on CO.com than UA.com that it isn't even funny.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.