Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

co award ticket in 24-hour can be full refunded?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2011, 12:26 am
Original Poster

thanks
Old Jun 16, 2011, 12:28 am

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
yes !!
Old Jun 16, 2011, 12:33 am
Original Poster

i just can not find the 24 hour one-pass hot-line?

is there one as united?
Old Jun 16, 2011, 7:55 am

What's funny is I just tried canceling a onepass reward ticket within 24 hours and they are trying to charge me a redeposit fee. I'm on the phone now.....waiting and waiting and waiting.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 9:39 am

I booked an award ticket Tuesday night. I wanted to cancel it 22 hours later because I decided the ticket wasn't a great value (55K miles + $97 taxes for a Y award US-Europe where I could buy a slightly more convenient ticket with a nonstop rather than a one-stop in one direction for $880). Couldn't do it online: they wanted to charge the redeposit fee.

So I called.

After more than 2 hours on hold, the 24 hour grace period expired. I decided not to make a fuss and keep the ticket: getting rid of the darn miles - and not having to be on hold with CO again next time I try to use them - has gotta be worth something.

(I'm no longer CO elite, but a 2 hour wait on hold - without actually getting to talk to an agent - on a no-weather day isn't acceptable. There are times that just make you say 'this isn't that much fun any more,' the reason I'm no longer elite - flying is just too much hassle.)
Old Jun 16, 2011, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by yellow77
I booked an award ticket Tuesday night. I wanted to cancel it 22 hours later because I decided the ticket wasn't a great value (55K miles + $97 taxes for a Y award US-Europe where I could buy a slightly more convenient ticket with a nonstop rather than a one-stop in one direction for $880). Couldn't do it online: they wanted to charge the redeposit fee.

So I called.

After more than 2 hours on hold, the 24 hour grace period expired. I decided not to make a fuss and keep the ticket: getting rid of the darn miles - and not having to be on hold with CO again next time I try to use them - has gotta be worth something.

(I'm no longer CO elite, but a 2 hour wait on hold - without actually getting to talk to an agent - on a no-weather day isn't acceptable. There are times that just make you say 'this isn't that much fun any more,' the reason I'm no longer elite - flying is just too much hassle.)

As Smisek says, "Grrrreat customer service."

I would file a complaint with the DOT just to ding them. If they're going to waste your time like this, might as well make them explain.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by yellow77

So I called.

I was in the same position as you. My only option was to get charged the redeposit fee. Luckily it only took me 40 minutes to get an agent. I cancelled the tickets because I didn't want the 24 hours to expire. The agent finally told me there was a "glitch in the system" and they will reverse the charges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.