Wiki Posts
Search

EUA R Class open, no upgrade processed

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2011, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
EUA R Class open, no upgrade processed

Yesterday at the 72 hour mark, R wasn't open and my upgrade wasn't processed. However I looked this morning and R is open so what happens now? Called OnePass and they said they can't force it but that the system runs EUA every three hours (this is news to me).....so should I wait and see what happens at the 48 hour mark or call back and try and see if they can process it? Or does R class inventory open mean anything that EUA will run and upgrade based off of that.

Something doesn't seem right here. Especially odd since as a gold my IAHMSY flight cleared 4 days out....
Old May 21, 2011, 8:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

R is open now and you can upgrade with miles if you want. Or you can wait and the EUA will process when it does (24-our increments up until OLCI and then every time there is a check-in action).

It is working exactly as they designed it right now. Whether that's "right" or not is a matter of interpretation, I suppose.
Old May 21, 2011, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
R is open now and you can upgrade with miles if you want. Or you can wait and the EUA will process when it does (24-our increments up until OLCI and then every time there is a check-in action).

It is working exactly as they designed it right now. Whether that's "right" or not is a matter of interpretation, I suppose.
Thanks for the insight.

I guess what I meant when I said something "wasn't right" was that I've never had an upgrade clear 72+ hours, and then on the other hand most of my upgrades that have not cleared >72 hours have not had R class open.

I assumed at the 24 hour increments it would process...whether the "every 3 hours" line was pulled out by the agent from nowhere though is what really threw me off.
Old May 21, 2011, 9:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.591 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

The 3 hours comment may be related to that they used to run EUA one last time at 3 hours out so the agent was a bit confused by that. Or they were just generally confused. It happens.

As for the 4-day upgrade, what's that saying about gift-horses??
Old May 21, 2011, 4:37 pm
Original Poster

Ok well it cleared at 48 hr mark, so I guess it is working, just first time I've seen this pattern. Not that I should complain though.

Now if my UA upgrades clear on a full Y then I will really be surprised since usually by the time the window rolls around I've not had a good record.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.