Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Continental OnePass (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

SIN-MNL on SQ, MNL-IAH on CO: ? about checking bags

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2011, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold

I planned the Singapore trip as an after thought, so the SQ and CO flights were purchased separately. I fly back from Singapore to Manila on Sunday night and have a few hours before the CO flight to Houston. Is there any way I can avoid immigration clearance, claiming baggage in Manila, go through security, and check in again for the CO flight? Can SQ check my bags to IAH directly from SIN? I am guessing even if they can, they cant check me in for the CO flight/print BPs? So if I check in online for the CO flight and print the BPs can I stay airside in MNL (assuming SQ does check my bags through)?
Old May 19, 2011, 7:13 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
I THINK SQ can check your bags, but I'm not positive.
Old May 20, 2011, 3:18 am

Programs: CO Plat
They should be able to if you give them your CO PNR. They'll want to look up the flights and make sure you're actually on them, but I've done this several times before between CX and CO flights connecting in HKG on separate tickets.

If you're lucky you can even get around baggage fees this way
Old May 20, 2011, 8:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Unknown
They should be able to if you give them your CO PNR. They'll want to look up the flights and make sure you're actually on them, but I've done this several times before between CX and CO flights connecting in HKG on separate tickets.

If you're lucky you can even get around baggage fees this way
Thanks, I will ask them if they can. BTW so did CX print your CO BPs as well? Or should do the OLCI and print the BPs beforehand?
Old May 20, 2011, 9:38 pm

No, CX can't print CO boarding passes. I've always had to go to the transfer desk and get them.

Since SQ and CO are both star alliance, they might be able to print each other's boarding passes, but if you can check in online and print boarding passes that way, I'd say that's your safest option.
Old May 21, 2011, 3:42 am

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
Originally Posted by tomcatm
Thanks, I will ask them if they can. BTW so did CX print your CO BPs as well? Or should do the OLCI and print the BPs beforehand?
I doubt SQ wil be able to print BP's for CO.

Even LH is not able to print CO BP's (and vice versa).

But, nothing wrong in asking if they can print it.
Old May 21, 2011, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by snod08
I doubt SQ wil be able to print BP's for CO.

But, nothing wrong in asking if they can print it.
I know NH can print CO BPs, at least for segments on the same ticket. Never tried it between different ticket numbers though.

Again, no experience with SQ but right it never hurts to ask.
Old May 21, 2011, 5:01 am
Original Poster

Thanks guys, will do OLCI just in case.
Old May 23, 2011, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Update: SQ did tag my bags all the way to IAH. The lady even printed out my MNL-GUM bp, though the transfer desk at MNL printed all of them again.
Old May 23, 2011, 3:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by snod08
LH / CO certainly can print each other's boarding passes - I've had both airlines print BPs from the other several times. Once or twice I was told that it wouldn't work but that's been the exception for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.